Property Finder is the leading digital real estate platform in the Middle East and North Africa region. A UAE-born startup, Property Finder expanded its operations to Qatar, Bahrain, Saudi Arabia, and Egypt over the years. Recently, it acquired a significant stake in Zingat in Turkey. The company is one of the largest technology start-ups in the region and on a journey to becoming a Unicorn. We are aspiring to create a lighthouse technology company which will have a lasting impact in the entire tech ecosystem in our geography.
We are looking for incredibly talented Backend Developers to join our development team here at Property Finder. We believe in nurturing your talent and we encourage creativity and autonomy where you are free to grow and develop your career in a fun, forward thinking and positive environment.
We expect our developers to be passionate about new technologies and think of creative ways that they could benefit our business. We want our developers to stay current with changes in technologies such as GO, SQL, PHP, Symfony, TypeScript, ElasticSearch and MongoDb.
- In a large tech department, divided in smaller teams, you’ll be in charge of developing new features, as well as refactoring existing projects.
- You need to be able to write clean and scalable code.
- You’ll need to be able to participate in brainstorming sessions and to bring your opinion and experience to the table.
- Participate in Design of new features and independently drive the implementation of solutions
- Break down complex problems into smaller problems that can picked up by teams to implement
- Mentor team members
- Strong in GoLang
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Very strong Object Oriented Programming and design pattern skills
- Very comfortable working with MySQL
- REST web services
- Git / Github
- Computer Science (or similar) education
- Experience working with MVC Frameworks, such as or Symfony
- Comfortable working with Doctrine 2, MongoDB
- Comfortable working with testing frameworks
- Message Queuing / RabbitMQ
- Memcached or Redis
We are big proponents of Agile development methods with small cross-functional teams fully empowered to take an idea from inception and to be able to deliver it fully tested into production with minimal outside disruptions. Because of this you will need to be able to work well with others in your team and be able to contribute meaningful ideas on how to best achieve your objectives and key results.