Property Finder is the leading digital real estate platform in the Middle East and North Africa region. A UAE-born startup, Property Finder expanded its operations to Qatar, Bahrain, Saudi Arabia, and Egypt over the years. Recently, it acquired a significant stake in Zingat in Turkey. The company is one of the largest technology start-ups in the region and on a journey to becoming a Unicorn. We are aspiring to create a lighthouse technology company which will have a lasting impact in the entire tech ecosystem in our geography.
We are looking for an incredibly talented DevOps Engineer to join our development team here at Property Finder. We believe in nurturing your talent and we encourage creativity and autonomy where you are free to grow and develop your career in a fun, forward thinking and positive environment.
We expect our developers to be passionate about new technologies and think of creative ways that they could benefit our business. We want our developers to stay current with changes in Cloud technologies like AWS, CI/CD, Kubernetes, Serverless, Managed services, etc
- Improve service reliability and responding to operational issues at all levels of application stack
- Being a part of the whole SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle) to improve quality of service
- Develop and improve CI/CD workflows for development/staging/production environments
- Participate in investigation process in case of any issues/incidents with service
- Implement and maintain service monitoring and reporting
- Security Monitoring: logging, detection, alerting, response and investigation
- 5+ years experience with Linux/Unix administration (CentOS, Amazon Linux, Ubuntu, Debian)
- 3+ years production experience and deep knowledge with major cloud providers including AWS and Google Cloud Platform highly preferred
- Good communication skills, able to present and collaborate, moving from ideas to identifying key needs and actions
- Experience working in a 24/7 operations environment and managing a large number of servers, cluster, etc.
- Good understanding of virtualization and containerization (Docker, KVM)
- Scripting experience with at least two programming languages: Bash, Python, PHP
- Experience with database administration (MySQL, MongoDB, Postgres)
- Understanding of CI/CD and practical experience with it (Jenkins, TeamCity, GitLab, BitBucket)
- Experience with VCS (preferably Git)
- Experience with monitor tools: CloudWatch, NewRelic, Datadog
Would be a big plus:
- Experience with container orchestration tools: Amazon ECS, Kubernetes
- Experience with provision infrastructure as code: Terraform, Cloudformation