Property Finder is the leading digital real estate platform in the Middle East and North Africa region. A UAE-born startup, Property Finder expanded its operations to Qatar, Bahrain, Saudi Arabia, and Egypt over the years. Recently, it acquired a significant stake in Zingat in Turkey. The company is one of the largest technology start-ups in the region and on a journey to becoming a Unicorn. We are aspiring to create a lighthouse technology company which will have a lasting impact in the entire tech ecosystem in our geography.
We are looking for incredibly talented Engineering Lead to join our development team here at Property Finder. We believe in nurturing your talent and we encourage creativity and autonomy where you are free to grow and develop your career in a fun, forward thinking and positive environment.
We expect our developers to be passionate about new technologies and think of creative ways that they could benefit our business. We want our developers to stay current with changes in technologies such as PHP, Symfony, Go, TypeScript, ElasticSearch and MongoDb.
- Design, Plan, Deliver and Maintain our Live products and infrastructure.
- Prepare sprint planning and deliver committed features
- Collaborate with stakeholders for requirements gathering, elaboration and bring clarity to things
- Participate in Design and Deliver Scalable, high quality features
- Identify process bottlenecks execute changes to increase delivery velocity
- Maintain high bar for code quality and does participate in code reviews.
- Be a hands-on developer and contribute in backend development
- Be a strong Mentor to the team
- Participate in hiring best talent
- Work with PMs and other stakeholders to Set strong OKRs for the teams
- Groom team members and help them grow professionally
- Manage team and individual performances.
- 10+ years of software development experience in backend
- Strong in backend development using PHP, Go, MySQL, Microservices
- Have good experience designing APIs
- 2+ years of Team Management experience
- Good Communication skills
- Strong debugging skills
- Knowledgeable in AWS infrastructure
- Computer Science (or similar) education
- Comfortable working with testing frameworks
- Message Queuing / RabbitMQ
- Memcached or Redis
- Is Proactive in making products stable and better for users.
- Motivates the team to achieve higher goals
- Is Customer focused and makes data driven decisions.
We are big proponents of Agile development methods with small cross-functional teams fully empowered to take an idea from inception and to be able to deliver it fully tested into production with minimal outside disruptions. Because of this you will need to be able to work well with others in your team and be able to contribute meaningful ideas on how to best achieve your objectives and key results.