Property Finder is the leading digital real estate platform in the Middle East and North Africa region. A UAE-born startup, Property Finder expanded its operations to Qatar, Bahrain, Saudi Arabia, and Egypt over the years. Recently, it acquired a significant stake in Zingat in Turkey. The company is one of the largest technology start-ups in the region and on a journey to becoming a Unicorn. We are aspiring to create a lighthouse technology company which will have a lasting impact in the entire tech ecosystem in our geography.
The Commercial Finance Manager / Senior Associate at Property Finder will work closely with all the departments across the company to provide financial forecasting analysis that is accurate and easy to understand. It will provide visibility into the company's cost structure and the sales opportunities to allow decision-makers to maximize profit.
The role reports to the Head of Commercial Finance.
Business Performance and Planning
Analyze revenue movements between the different types of customers and geographies to understand growth drivers across the group. Help designing an automated system of reports to capture the required information to be provided to internal and external stakeholders.
- Revenue KPIs are accurately embedded in the forecast and planning cycle.
- Ensure that actionable insights are embedded in the financial planning process and reflected in the strategic plans.
- The Finance and Executive teams have regular visibility of performance against these key levers and can take timely actions to rectify underperformance.
- Synthesize data from databases and collaborate cross-functionally across Product, Marketing, Accounting, and Business Intelligence (among other teams) to understand relationships between key drivers of our business.
- Provide guidance to business stakeholders on what data to capture, map data needs to business questions, and prioritize analysis work. Assist the management Intelligence in producing and distributing performance forecasting information across all products and services.
- Provide general business case support and forecasting for new business initiatives.
Reporting and Budget
- Producing models to project long term growth, determining what impacting business factors fill have
- Analyzing competitors, market trends and providing associated commentary for the leadership team
- Utilizing BI tools to deliver meaningful insights into business performance
- Analyzing financial & operational results to develop & demonstrate a strong understanding of business performance
- Communicating results and recommendations to senior management for innovations that will lead to cost reduction, revenue generation and streamlining of operations
- Provide insights to senior management around financial modeling, forecasts, and profitability
Product and CAPEX analysis
Support the Chief Product Officer and Product Team to understand features tracking and analysis, including projecting financial returns
- Integrate with project management to drive value to add decisions surrounding capital spent
- Provide general business case support and forecasting for new product initiatives.
- Ensure investment allocation and resources are in alignment with Property Finder Group’s strategic priorities.
Sales and Commercial Operation Support
Work closely with the Commercial Operations team to quantify revenue opportunities from yield and upsell. Identify what rate B2B customer segments should be paying based on the rate cards.
- The gap between rate card and actual billing is understood.
- A program of continuous action and monitoring delivers yield increases via upselling and cross-sell.
- Additional intelligence added to the financial forecast and strategic planning process.
Marketing and OPEX Analysis
- Conduct a value-for-money analysis of brand spend.
- Work with Business Intelligence and Data Science team to optimize marketing spend across regions and media channels and ensure that spend is measured against realized return.
- Work with the marketing and research team to ensure that significant budgets and associated activities have full business cases with effective optimistic, realistic, and pessimistic scenarios applied to them.
- The marketing individuals accountable for activities can understand the payback required for each investment and the degree of realism in this. They are able to present effectively for sign-off of the budgets, with scenarios attached.
- Previous experience/background in Finance (accounting qualification or part-qual preferable).
- First-class Excel modeling skills as well as knowledge of SQL. Able to prepare dynamic projection models and handle large datasets.
- Experience producing “executive ready” output that is clear and easy to understand.
- Experience analyzing product spend, preferably applied to a B2B organization.
- Comfortable working at all levels across an organization with the presence to engage with senior members of staff.
- Sociable, team player willing to offer support to colleagues.
- Strong academic background. Quant discipline a plus
- At least five years of experience, possibly within management consultancy, corporate strategy team, or financial planning and analysis team.
- Experience working closely with Sales, Marketing, and Product team
- Strong verbal and written communication