Proper is a modern sleep wellness company with a purpose. We’re on a mission to help Americans get better sleep, and therefore better health, grounding all we do in truth, science, and data. We understand the complexity of factors affecting one’s sleep and have created the most personalized and holistic solution to help consumers achieve long-term sleep health.
Proper offers a line of Ph.D. developed, evidence-based natural sleep formulations to address consumers’ unique needs and digital tools & expert sleep coaching from board-certified health & wellness coaches.
We were launched in the summer of 2020 by an incredible founding team from some of the world’s most loved and respected tech, CPG, and healthcare brands. A world-class group of sleep scientists and physicians advises us from the Duke School of Medicine, the Stanford School of Sleep Medicine, the Mayo Clinic, and more.
As Proper’s Lead Product Manager and first product hire, you’ll be building an experience that understands behaviors, collects and beautifully visualizes valuable data and insights, and personalizes the consumer journey to help users find their best path to better sleep. You’ll need user empathy, a deep understanding of the problem we’re solving, and be a data and insights-driven consumer product leader who can envision and create what doesn’t exist today.
If you’re excited about creating a new paradigm for sleep health and wellness - one that is delightfully engaging, useful, and helps consumers live longer with better sleep, read on!
- We're looking for our first Product hire to design, develop, and scale resilient and performant sleep tools for customers and coaches, and to advance our direct-to-consumer commerce practice. We can't build this business without someone like you.
What You'll Do
- Understand the larger strategic picture and competitive landscape, the consumer, and own product development strategy and execution from ideation through launch, and iteration to strong product-market fit
- Develop a deep understanding of our customers and their needs. Create and refine key personas and translate user needs into product requirements and a clear roadmap in collaboration with the rest of the organization
- Own the end-to-end user journey, from a delightful welcome and on-boarding to inspired engagement and longer-term usage
- Partner with the growth and engineering team on CRO efforts
- Collaborate cross-functionally to find innovative ways to drive adoption of Proper’s unique digital tools and coaching offerings
- Analyze customer data and interview customers to ensure we continually provide low friction and high-level experiences
- Identifying areas of opportunity – proposing hypotheses, implementing tests, measuring results, and providing analysis and insights to optimize customer acquisition and retention
- Hands-on management of e-commerce analytics implementations with Google Tag Manager, Google Analytics, BigQuery/Data Studio, ad platforms, marketing tech vendors, and system logs
Skills We'd Like to See
- The ability to think strategically, do the work, and drive outstanding results with speed
- Strong interest in hypothesis-driven product development and making data/insight informed decisions
- Strong data exploration and visualization skills - you a self sufficient with analytics tools and data warehouses and have a POV for how to represent data beautifully and usefully for both users and internal teams
- Solid UX / UI experience - understanding the best interaction and consumer psychology principles to create a delightful, engaging, and helpful experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Experience You'll Need
- 5+ years consumer product experience, with at least 2+ year working in a modern direct-to-consumer e-commerce organization. Subscription experience highly preferred.
- Startup experience helpful, or large company experience on teams who drove results at scale.
How We Hire
- First hello - this is done with the hiring manager so we can quickly get a start at exploring the potential working relationship
- Meet the team / technical reviews - meet other members of the technical team for a mix of background and technical questions
- Take home exercise - we'll ask you to complete a short assignment to demonstrate how you might advance Proper's products
- Meeting with founders - meet the rest of the founding / management team and let us convince you why Proper is amazing ;)
- References - we’re usually pretty far along at this point, so much of this is how to maximize the working potential