In this role, you will be the voice of Proper's customer -- and get to lead design, implementation, and management of our CRM, email and lifecycle marketing efforts from the ground up.
Reporting to the VP Growth (remotely), you will be a hands on contributor in identifying key customer segments, increasing customer engagement and retention. You will partner with internal and contract resources and ensure their contributions align with our overall marketing strategy.
What you'll do:
- Lead from ideation to execution in order to on-board new customers, increase customer engagement and retention, prevent and reduce churn, up-sell to different products, and actively move customers down the journey of becoming loyal users.
- Identify key customer segments, evaluate lifecycle campaign performance then experiment, find efficiencies, and opportunities to scale.
- Develop multi-channel lifecycle strategies to continually retain, reactive, and up-sell customers.
- Partner closely with our Product and Tech to understand business priorities and translate strategy into impactful CRM campaigns.
- Identify areas along the customer lifecycle that require optimization, then develop experiments to address those areas and automate when successful.
- Craft high-conversion email campaigns focusing on driving incremental sales.
- Closely collaborate with CX and Product to understand consumer segmentation and behavior. Identify salient consumer insights to leverage in lifecycle marketing.
- Collaborate with Product to create best practices, calendars, and tracking systems for internal messaging tools.
- Be a key partner to the business as the voice of the customer and CRM best practices expert. Keep up to date on the best practices and integrations for CRM and lifecycle marketing.
- Playbook and document your learnings.
What you'll need:
- 6-8 years of experience in consumer marketing, technology, and/or CRM lifecycle marketing in a high growth environment.
- 4+ years of hands-on experience creating, optimizing and deploying campaigns on email marketing, CRM and other digital marketing platforms.
- 4+ years of experience working with website and e-commerce analytics platforms.
- Deep technical understanding of email marketing and automation tools and platforms.
- Experience developing and optimizing email templates in HTML and other digital customer touch points like SMS, retargeting ads and onsite messaging to increase LTV and decrease churn.
- Strong analytics experience analyzing large sets of data in Excel. Experience with SQL is a plus.
- Ability to be strategic and deep dive into the details.
- Action Oriented: You readily take action on challenges, without unnecessary planning. You identify and seize new opportunities. You display a can-do attitude in good and bad times. You step up to handle tough issues. You take on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy and enthusiasm.
- Communicates Effectively: You are effective in a variety of communication settings: one-on-one, small and large groups, or among diverse styles and position levels. You attentively listen to others. You adjust to fit the audience and the message. You provide timely and helpful information to others across the organization. You encourage the open expression of diverse ideas and opinions. You develop and deliver multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
- Drives Results: You have a strong bottom-line orientation. You persist in accomplishing objectives despite obstacles and setbacks. You have a track record of exceeding goals successfully. You push yourself and help others achieve results. You are consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- Nimble Learning: You learn quickly when facing new situations. You experiment to find new solutions. You take on the challenge of unfamiliar tasks. You extract lessons learned from failures and mistakes. You learn through experimentation when tackling new problems, using both successes and failures as learning fodder.
- Resourcefulness: You marshal resources (people, funding, material, support) to get things done. You orchestrate multiple activities simultaneously to accomplish a goal. You get the most out of limited resources. You apply knowledge of internal structures, processes and culture to resourcing efforts. You secure and deploy resources effectively and efficiently.