Proper is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer – we recruit, train, compensate and promote our team members based on qualifications. We know how important it is not only to include, but to actively seek out a diversity of opinions and voices.
We want to hear from you regardless of your race, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, veteran status, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Proper is on a mission to improve people’s overall health and happiness through better sleep. We are the trusted expert that brings an integrated and personalized approach to sleep wellness. Our vision is to build a modern sleep wellness business grounded in truth and supported by the best in data, technology, and science.
Reporting to the VP of Supply Chain and Products you will be a strategic partner, responsible for collaborating across multiple levels within the Supply Chain, Operations, Finance and Accounting functions. You will partner with the VP of supply chain to ensure we are operating as efficiently as possible across all the areas of supply chain, distribution and customer service.
- Validate new bills of material, perform bills of material explosions to determine material requirements
- Develop and report key performance indicators, metrics, and scorecards for procurement, manufacturing, distribution, and warehousing
- Assist in New Product go to market and product launches
- Work with the manufacturing and distribution partners for inventory planning and forecasting
- Coordinate and Manage domestic and international suppliers for raw materials, packaging components etc.
- Responsible for running monthly S&OP metrics across all the SKUs and Sales Channel
- Provide support for our retail distribution with necessary documentations and inventory planning
- Integrate and collaborate with suppliers and co-packers to focus on quality, lead times and cost reductions
- Ownership of Cost of Goods Sold (COGS) improvement and reporting
- Implement vendor on-boarding and verification process
- Develop, implement and facilitate processes that focus on achieving measurable improvements to production efficiency, inventory management, quality, fulfillment accuracy and on-time delivery
- Partner with tech team to ensure new product setup is mapped, tested and transacting properly to our fulfillment and distribution partners
- Work with the accounting team on the month end closing processes and provide necessary support with reporting and analysis.
- Work closely with the CX team and provide necessary support.
Skills and Knowledge
- 5 - 7 years in supply chain & logistics for a CPG company and/or D2C subscription business (omnichannel a bonus)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office especially Excel and QuickBooks
- Bachelor’s Degree in a Finance/Business-Related field
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with experience working as a business partner in a collaborative environment
- Excellent organizational skills, strong bias for action, ability to prioritize tasks and attention to detail
- 2-3 years’ experience in financial planning and analysis in the CPG industry
- High-growth start up experience is strongly preferred.
- Master’s Degree in Accounting, Finance/Business- Related field or MBA
- Experience working directly with customers and CX Software like Kustomer
- Experience working with Shopify and backend operations of Shopify and related Applications
- Familiarity with new product development and commercialization initiatives