Why This Job Is Important
Almost every part of our daily life is now digital, from hailing a cab to paying a bill. But our medicines have not caught up. They’re still stuck in an analog era.
Propeller Health is changing that. Our mission is to improve people’s health by connecting the world’s medicines. Our growing team enjoys working together to create and apply technology to challenging problems that have enormous social costs.
We empower people with chronic diseases to lead their lives without limits; you’ll learn something new every day as you pioneer new digital health solutions.
Consider Joining Us If You Are
- Eager to work at a fast-paced startup company on one of several 5 to 7-person, self-governed, cross-functional teams
- Passionate about eliminating waste and getting stuff done
- Not afraid of changing requirements, even late in development
- Not afraid to experiment and fail. Failure is an opportunity to learn, and is embraced as a core tenet of Propeller.
- Naturally curious and believe in lifelong personal growth
- A believer that technology can help solve hard problems and change the world
- Aware that technology, by itself, does not delight customers; the sweet spot is when we combine technology with practical solutions, surprises, utility, and social interaction
- Passionate about mobile and utilizing cutting-edge technologies
Experience We’re Looking For
- Real-world experience creating and maintaining mobile applications using Swift and Objective-C. We're looking for people with 5+ years of experience under their belt. We're also looking for people with experience leading technical decisions.
- Proficiency creating and maintaining automated unit tests, integration tests and builds/deployments
- Proficiency creating dynamic user interfaces via storyboards
- Experience with Bluetooth and multi-threaded core data
- A good listener who respects their colleagues, but who isn’t afraid to assert themselves
- An owner. You pick work up off the floor, solve hard problems, and believe in asking for forgiveness, not permission
- Fearlessness, and a comfort with uncertainty. You have an acumen for turning complex problems into actionable plans
What You Will Do
You’ll imagine, develop, document, support, and maintain native mobile software. You will:
- Write elegant and functional code
- Ship features often
- Communicate regularly and overcome “blocks”
- Create software you’re proud of and that consumers love
What’s In It For You
- Work with a smart, creative and diverse team of professionals. Solving respiratory disease requires a wide array of disciplines to work together. For example, we have epidemiologists, physicians/clinicians on staff combined with regulatory experts, statisticians and data scientists to build the best respiratory solution possible.
- Connecting as a team is important to us. We create plenty of opportunities to get together, such as regular summer cookouts for lunch, after work events like board game and hobby night, and our annual company-wide camping trip! You can opt in where it makes sense for you.
- We care about balancing work with the rest of life. We encourage and support our team members to disconnect when they’re not at work.
- A great office location in downtown Madison, steps from fun restaurants and shops!
We use React and Angular on the front end, and Node on the backend; Mongo for our main DB, Redis Amazon SQS to coordinate among our various processes. We use TensorFlow/Keras, Amazon Sagemaker and scikit-learn for machine learning. We host it all in AWS.
Our mobile apps are written in Objective-C/Swift and Java/Kotlin. iOS uses CocoaPods to manage dependencies and relies on native frameworks like Core Data and Core Bluetooth, as well as third party frameworks like OpenAPI. The Android application uses Retrofit, RxAndroid, and Dagger as well as the lifecycle aware Android Architecture Components.
We’re committed to unit testing, peer review, quality processes, and rapid cycle deployment.
Propeller Health is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive team with a wide range of backgrounds and experiences, each helping us understand our patients better, and strengthen our team. We firmly believe that hiring and supporting a diverse team allows us to do the best work of our lives, and make the disease experience different. To do this, we strive to maximize access to every opportunity, cultivate a diverse set of candidates, and if hired, providing them with support, mentorship, and growth opportunities. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, ability status, or any other differences. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. All are welcome here.