Almost every part of our daily life is now digital, from hailing a cab to paying a bill. But our medicines have not caught up. They’re still stuck in an analog era.
Propeller Health is changing that. Our mission is to improve people’s health by connecting the world’s medicines. Our growing team enjoys working together to innovate new technology to address challenging problems whose solutions create enormous social value and improve patient health.
We empower people with chronic diseases to lead their lives without limits; you’ll learn something new every day as you pioneer new digital health solutions.
Why This Job Is Important
In this role, you’ll be critical to helping to ensure smooth new product launches and high quality products as we scale. We’re seeking a startup-minded technologist to guide and manage the technical aspects of Propeller’s manufacturing activities. The engineer will partner with our external contract manufacturers, internal device engineers and suppliers to test and troubleshoot manufacturing issues. They will also ensure the smooth transition of new devices into manufacturing. This person will work closely together with our Supply Chain Manager, Hardware QA and Operations Director.
Consider Joining Us If You Are
- Eager to work at a fast-paced startup company on a 5 to 7 person, self-governed, cross-functional team
- Looking to learn from some of the best engineers in the Madison area
- Passionate about eliminating waste, and getting stuff done
- Not afraid to experiment and fail. Failure is an opportunity to learn, and is embraced as a core tenet of Propeller.
- Naturally curious, and believe in lifelong personal growth
- A believer that technology can help solve hard problems and change the world
- Aware that technology, by itself, does not delight customers; the sweet spot is when we combine technology with practical solutions, surprises, utility, and social interaction
What You Will Do
As a manufacturing engineer, you will balance your time between existing devices being manufactured and new devices currently being designed.
- Develop new manufacturing processes, providing early feedback via cross functional collaboration with Product Design, Quality, and Operations teams. Ensure excellent manufacturability, product quality and supplier capabilities
- Support manufacturing ramp up and validation
- Troubleshoot, debug and perform failure analysis of test fixtures and assembly systems.
- Give guidance and provide feedback in the testing and data collection of electrical components, documenting processes for continuous improvement, both internally and with suppliers
- Monitor, track and drive electronic yield issues to root cause.
- Develop equipment and processes to support manufacturing capacity ramping
- Develop and write requirements for test fixtures
- Aid in feasibility planning of new product designs
- Participate in broader planning discussions for manufacturing, scale and cost containment
- Communicate timelines and constraints to supply chain peers
- Drive cost reduction initiatives with our devices
Experience We’re Looking For
- Demonstrable experience in electrical mechanical system testing and troubleshooting.
- Good electronics background with computer system hardware and software knowledge.
- Proficient in at least one programming language commonly used in manufacturing test systems, including C/C++, C#, or Python.
- Experience driving product design using Design for Manufacturing (DFM) methods to ensure robust manufacturability, yields, cost reduction and ability to scale.
- Experience leading New Product Introduction activities, including developing process flow and assembly layouts; design of fixtures, tooling and semi-automated equipment; performing station buy-off and line qualification; and driving continuous improvement via yield tracking and closing out of manufacturing issues across the supply chain.
- Proficiency designing, developing, and troubleshooting tooling, fixtures and semi-automated equipment using mechanical, electrical, and software design tools
What’s In It For You
- Join a talented and independent team to find creative solutions to respiratory disease at scale.
- Contribute to patient facing production systems driven by real customer needs. Everything we do starts with how we can help a patient become healthier.
- Work with a smart, creative and diverse team of professionals. Solving respiratory disease requires a wide array of disciplines to work together. For example, we have epidemiologists, physicians/clinicians on staff combined with engineers, statisticians and data scientists to build the best respiratory solution possible
Propeller Health is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive team with a wide range of backgrounds and experiences, each helping us understand our patients better, and strengthen our team. We firmly believe that hiring and supporting a diverse team allows us to do the best work of our lives, and make the disease experience different. To do this, we strive to maximize access to every opportunity, cultivate a diverse set of candidates, and if hired, providing them with support, mentorship, and growth opportunities. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, ability status, or any other differences. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. All are welcome here.