Almost every part of our daily life is now digital, from hailing a cab to paying a bill. But our medicines have not caught up. They’re still stuck in an analog era. Propeller Health is on a mission to improve people’s health by connecting the world’s medicines. Our growing team enjoys working together to innovate new technology to address challenging problems whose solutions create enormous social value and improve patient health.
We aim to create beautifully invisible technology, accessible to all, that ensures people are free from the burden of chronic disease. Our medical devices are a combination of hardware sensors and software that digitally guides the course of therapy for patients and physicians managing respiratory disease.
What is important about this role? Getting stuff done.
Operations is about making good on our promises to customers: delivering high-quality services and products that are affordable.
Operations takes what is researched, developed, tested and sold and finds the most efficient and effective way to get it to customers. Our customers include parents of children with asthma, 90+ year old COPD patients, and large-scale pharma companies.
The global operations team is a growing team that includes supply chain, product packaging and european operations. You will be a player-coach in this role with sleeves rolled up in the execution of our operations strategy, while helping to grow the next generation of operations experts in the Digital Health space.
Consider Joining Us If You Are
- Eager to work at a fast-paced company owning the operational processes to move us from startup to scale
- Passionate about delivering quality and efficiency through continuous improvement
- A team player that can solve complex challenges collaboratively across diverse cross-functional teams.
- A person who enjoys and excels at managing, mentoring, and coaching people
- Naturally curious, believing in lifelong personal growth
- Driven by detail, persistent, and task-oriented. You have an unrelenting passion for solving problems.
- An excellent communicator in written and face to face interactions
What You Will Do
In this role you’ll lead the Global Operations team at Propeller. The team’s mission is to work collaboratively with the commercial strategy, marketing, project management, finance, product and engineering teams to ensure that we are ready to introduce new products to market. In Operations, we make sure we are effectively planning our manufacturing and logistics capacity and tactical activities to meet demand. We partner with our regulatory team to ensure that we are compliant with market requirements for all of our manufacturing activities. We listen closely to customer experience teams to make sure that all of our customers are delighted with our final delivery of product. We round it out by working with our commercial strategy and finance teams to make sure it all is accomplished in a sustainable way.
In a typical week, you’ll be involved in far ranging activities including R&D activities for new hardware projects, packaging and supply chain continuous improvements, creating new operations outside of the US market (EU, Japan), managing relationships with key suppliers, working with key commercial partners to create clear and commercially viable contracts to govern our supply and quality to large programs, relentlessly finding ways together with our finance team to improve COGS and affordability of our products for patients, and working with the SVP of operations to map our operational strategy into tactical execution.
A good part of your role will be mentoring your team to take risks, ownership and decisions. You will spend time each week during 1:1s with these capable individuals, ensuring that they have the support they need to be effective in their roles, and providing mentoring and training they need for growth and future opportunity.
- Own the tactical execution of our strategy
- Work with cross-functional teams to align our customer, business, regulatory and technical needs
- Drive operational innovation to continuously improve the way that we deliver our products to market
Experience We’re Looking For
- 8-10 years leading operations in medical devices and software
- 3-5 years of experience operating in markets outside of the US specifically EU, Canada, Japan.
- Expertise with global medical device regulations and standards. In particular ISO13485.
- A person who loves to execute an important mission globally and knows how to get complex initiatives accomplished.
- A skilled coach and strong team player. You drive change through consensus-building, and effectively drive team members, executives, and external partners toward our goals.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in a related discipline
- 8-10 years of global operational experience in medical devices
- A history of continuous improvement such as six-sigma training or equivalent.
- In depth knowledge of P&L management and cost accounting
- 5+ years of direct or indirect experience with manufacturing of medical devices.
What We Are Not Looking For
- A top-down decision maker
What’s In It For You
- You’ll be a key leader in operational execution of Propeller’s mission globally
- You will be responsible for managing and growing a diverse team.
- You’ll collaborate regularly with a smart, creative team of professionals in a variety of roles. Solving respiratory disease requires a wide array of disciplines to work together. For example, we have epidemiologists, physicians/clinicians on staff combined with engineers, statisticians and data scientists to build the best respiratory solution possible.
- You’ll have many opportunities to connect with your colleagues socially. We have regular summer cookouts for lunch, after-work events like board game and hobby night, and our annual company-wide camping trip! You can opt in wherever it makes sense for you.
- You’ll be supported in balancing work with the rest of life. We encourage and support our team members to disconnect when they’re not at work.
- You’ll work in a beautiful office location in downtown Madison.
Propeller Health is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive team with a wide range of backgrounds and experiences, each helping us understand our patients better, and strengthen our team. We firmly believe that hiring and supporting a diverse team allows us to do the best work of our lives, and make the disease experience different. To do this, we strive to maximize access to every opportunity, cultivate a diverse set of candidates, and if hired, providing them with support, mentorship, and growth opportunities. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, ability status, or any other differences. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. All are welcome here.