Why This Job Is Important
Almost every part of our daily life is now digital, from hailing a cab to paying a bill. But our medicines have not caught up. They’re still stuck in an analog era. Propeller Health is on a mission to improve people’s health by connecting the world’s medicines. Our growing team enjoys working together to innovate new technology to address challenging problems whose solutions create enormous social value and improve patient health.
We aim to create beautifully invisible technology, accessible to all, that ensures people are free from the burden of chronic disease. Our medical devices are a combination of hardware sensors and software that digitally guides the course of therapy for patients and physicians managing respiratory disease.
Consider Joining Us If You Are
- Eager to work at a fast-paced startup company to help raise awareness of a new category of products that change the experience of chronic disease
- An individual that loves to draw people in, and has experience evoking an impactful connection between people and products
- Passionate about eliminating waste, and getting stuff done
- Not afraid of shifting priorities and cutting through red-tape to problem solve
- Ready for the challenge of stepping into a Director-level role at the foundation a growing G&A organization
- Bold. You embrace risk, and want to solve the tough problems that other organizations fear
- Naturally curious, and believe in lifelong personal growth
- A believer that technology can help solve hard problems and change the world
- Aware that technology, by itself, does not delight customers; the sweet spot is when we combine technology with practical solutions, surprises, utility, and social interaction
- Excited to build from the ground up with an eye on creating scalable campaigns and channels
- Located in the San Francisco Bay Area, or willing to relocate
Experience We’re Looking For
- Significant professional marketing experience at a technology organization, usually this means about 7-12 years. We're looking for most of that experience to be focused with offline and online direct to consumer marketing efforts.
- Healthcare Technology experience and start-up experience a plus
- Demonstrated capability of growing patient adoption of new app based products a plus
- Solid business acumen and ability to communicate effectively in-person, via email and phone
- Hands-on marketing leader, with an ability to motivate and inspire others
- A compassionate, smart individual with a desire to connect with and understand patient and caregiver needs
- Strong sense of urgency, and ability to prioritize tasks
What You Will Do
Reporting to the Head of Marketing & Growth, the Director, Growth & Acquisition will:
- Own Propeller’s direct to patient outreach - inspire and motivate current and future consumers to utilize appropriate Propeller Health products
- Further refine Propeller audience personas for targeting and messaging
- Develop a holistic marketing plan incorporating Propeller’s consumer marketing learnings to date with new channels of exploration and strategies to perfect the patient funnel
- Provide budget estimates and forecasts for all activity. Including definitions around success measurement and optimization for each acquisition channel.
- Monitor and report back to the team on marketing activities/best practices of other digital health companies
- Partner with internal design team to develop a suite of consumer marketing assets to help educate and convert prospective Propeller members
- Work closely with Product and Customer Experience teams to provide ongoing feedback from Propeller’s core audience segments on our products
- Work with Propeller partners to help provide a blueprint for patient acquisition tactics and positioning to help them better promote Propeller
What’s In It For You
- You’ll have the opportunity to work for one of the leading digital health companies and be one of the few who get to see the true challenges (and solutions) to scaling digital transformation in healthcare
- You’ll work every day on improving the lives of people with respiratory disease
- You’ll have the opportunity to deepen your expertise in any number of areas within our Marketing & Growth team as we expand our reach worldwide
- You’ll be mentored by some of the sharpest strategists and visionaries pioneering the field of digital medicine worldwide
- You’ll work with a diverse team of professionals. Solving respiratory disease requires a wide array of disciplines to work together. For example, we have epidemiologists, physicians/clinicians on staff combined with engineers, statisticians and data scientists to build the best respiratory solution possible.
- Connecting as a team is important to us. You’ll have plenty of opportunities to get together with colleagues, such as regular team lunches, after work events like board games and hobby night, and our annual company-wide camping trip! You can opt in where it makes sense for you.
- We care about balancing work with the rest of life. We encourage and support our team members to disconnect when they’re not at work.
- A great office location in downtown San Francisco, steps from fun restaurants and shops!
Propeller Health is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive team with a wide range of backgrounds and experiences, each helping us understand our patients better, and strengthen our team. We firmly believe that hiring and supporting a diverse team allows us to do the best work of our lives, and make the disease experience different. To do this, we strive to maximize access to every opportunity, cultivate a diverse set of candidates, and if hired, providing them with support, mentorship, and growth opportunities. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, ability status, or any other differences. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. All are welcome here.