Almost every part of our daily life is now digital, from hailing a cab to paying a bill. But our medicines have not caught up. They’re still stuck in an analog era. Propeller Health is on a mission to improve people’s health by connecting the world’s medicines. Our growing team enjoys working together to innovate new technology to address challenging problems whose solutions create enormous social value and improve patient health.
We aim to create beautifully invisible technology, accessible to all, that ensures people are free from the burden of chronic disease. Our medical devices are a combination of hardware sensors and software that digitally guides the course of therapy for patients and physicians managing respiratory disease.
Why This Job Is Important
The next big challenge for digital health companies is scale. Scaled clinical adoption among providers, scaled use among patients and scaled payment channels. Propeller pioneered the B2B2C model in digital health, selling directly to health systems, then acquiring patients directly. To date we have enrolled over 70,000 patients and run over 70 commercial programs in the US. The next step for Propeller, and digital health, is to achieve broad clinical adoption from leading healthcare systems and provider organizations, and ubiquitous reimbursement from payers and plans. Propeller is one of the few companies in position to achieve scale, and we are excited about this next stage of our evolution. We are looking to add a core member to our commercial team to help us figure it out. In this role, which reports directly to Propeller’s Chief Commercial Officer, you’ll contribute significantly to the continued development, execution, and success of our commercial strategy as we work to be the first to figure out how to truly scale digital health.
Consider Joining Us If You Are
- Eager to work at a fast-paced startup company on a small, self-governed, cross-functional team
- Passionate about getting stuff done with limited guidance
- Not afraid to experiment and fail. Failure is an opportunity to learn, and is embraced as a core tenet of Propeller
- A smart, collaborative Generalist with a passion for “all things Commercial and Strategy”
- Willing to roll up your sleeves and do whatever needs to be done to move our commercial strategy forward, whether it’s polishing a killer deck in Powerpoint or Google Slides, coordinating logistical details for a key client presentation, scoping a contract, or taking ownership of a special project
- Equally left-brained and right-brained: you have an analytical eye for detail, you’re highly creative, and you’re excited about diving in deep to pioneer innovation in digital health commercialization at scale
- An optimist looking for a mission you can pour your energy and mojo into, contributing your best to get our life-changing technology into the hands of more patients and caregivers, while growing a business that is both people-centered and focused on excellence
- Naturally curious, and believe in lifelong personal growth
- A believer that technology can help solve hard problems and change the world
- Aware that technology, by itself, does not delight customers; the sweet spot is when we combine technology with practical solutions, surprises, utility, and social interaction
What You Will Do
You’ll play a key role working closely with our Chief Commercial Officer to
- Bring your positive energy, warmth and enthusiasm to building and deepening relationships with key stakeholders
- Support Propeller in making good commercial decisions and executing on our commercial strategy
- Analyze, synthesize, and communicate our commercial strategy for digital health in the respiratory field
- Support our BD and Sales teams with analysis and synthesis of market dynamics, potential customers and potential competitors
- Become an expert in telling the Propeller story in impactful pitches to key clients
- Scope and develop contracts
Types of Experience We’re Looking For
- Commercial strategy, business/commercial analytics, pitching complicated concepts (internally and externally), building consensus toward a goal or strategy
- Analyzing sales targets and sales force performance
- Supporting a commercial organization in a variety of roles and functions
- Healthcare experience with Payors, Health Systems, and/or Reimbursement
- Highly adept in Salesforce, Excel, Powerpoint, and Google Suite
- You like to think about the future of the healthcare market and digital ecosystem in your spare time
- You think market segmentation and analysis is super engaging
- You have worked for a digital health startup, a mature healthcare company in a strategy or commercial analytics role, an investment bank, a leading business consultancy, or other place that is even more relevant, and you want to tell us why
- You seem to the person in your org that people go to when they need something done or solved
What’s In It For You
- You’ll have the opportunity to work for one of the leading digital health companies and be one of the few who get to see the true challenges (and solutions) to scaling digital transformation in healthcare
- You’ll work every day on improving the lives of people with respiratory disease
- You’ll have the opportunity to deepen your expertise in any number of areas within our Commercial team as we expand our reach worldwide, potentially growing from a Generalist into a Senior Specialist role over time, according to your interests and aptitude
- You’ll be mentored by some of the sharpest Commercial strategists and visionaries pioneering the field of digital medicine worldwide
- You’ll work with a diverse team of professionals. Solving respiratory disease requires a wide array of disciplines to work together. For example, we have epidemiologists, physicians/clinicians on staff combined with engineers, statisticians and data scientists to build the best respiratory solution possible.
- Connecting as a team is important to us. You’ll have plenty of opportunities to get together with colleagues, such as regular team lunches, after work events like board games and hobby night, and our annual company-wide camping trip! You can opt in where it makes sense for you.
- We care about balancing work with the rest of life. We encourage and support our team members to disconnect when they’re not at work.
- A great office location in downtown San Francisco, steps from fun restaurants and shops!
Propeller Health is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive team with a wide range of backgrounds and experiences, each helping us understand our patients better, and strengthen our team. We firmly believe that hiring and supporting a diverse team allows us to do the best work of our lives, and make the disease experience different. To do this, we strive to maximize access to every opportunity, cultivate a diverse set of candidates, and if hired, providing them with support, mentorship, and growth opportunities. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, ability status, or any other differences. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. All are welcome here.