Almost every part of our daily life is now digital, from hailing a cab to paying a bill. But our medicines have not caught up. They’re still stuck in an analog era. Propeller Health is changing that. Our mission is to improve people’s health by connecting the world’s medicines. Our growing team enjoys working together to create and apply technology to challenging problems whose solutions create enormous social value and improve patient health.
We’ve created a unique technology that combines hardware sensors, mobile experiences and data analytics to digitally guide the course of therapy for patients and physicians.
If you’re ready to pour your passion into something that directly improves people’s lives, we want to meet you.
Why This Job Is Important
Your designs are a thoughtfully and beautifully executed experience that touches the lives of tens of thousands of patients and clinicians worldwide. We’re using technology to subtly inform people’s daily behaviors and help them stay on track and breathing easily; this is a monumental design feat. You’ll work on everything from new features and new products, to rethinking the existing user experience from the ground up. You have an intuitive sense of how to drive human behavior through design as well as successful data visualization. You will do well in this role if you are organized, precise, and inspiring for the rest of the team. You think through every interaction, and step back to ensure your designs fit in with the big picture.
Consider Joining Us If You Are
- Seeking to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- A flexible problem-solver who boldly ventures into uncharted territory
- A self-starter. We’d love someone who will reach beyond the role and grow with the company. Someone who will proactively seek ways to take our product design to the next level
- A keen collaborator who works well with fellow designers, researchers, product managers, and engineers
- Sensitive to visual detail and stylistic consistency
- Design approach based in human-centered design principles incorporating user research
- Highly empathetic and curious about people and how they interact with technology
- Not afraid to experiment and fail. Failure is an opportunity to learn, and is embraced as a core tenet of Propeller
- A believer that technology can help solve hard problems and change the world
- Aware that technology, by itself, does not delight customers; the sweet spot is when we combine technology with practical solutions, surprises, utility, and social interaction
Experience and Skills We’re Looking For
- Our ideal candidate is someone who has a nice balance of seasoned UX development credibility and sophisticated visual design vocabulary
- Proven experience wireframing, designing, prototyping, testing, and deploying successful web and mobile products
- Understands how to integrate user needs and business objectives into the design process
- Outstanding graphic design skills, and an online portfolio you can share
- Ability to create an entire product interface/experience from the ground up
- Expert knowledge of design tools (CS, Sketch, Illustrator, Photoshop, etc...)
- Significant interaction design experience (usually, about 5+ years)
- Experience with native and web app design (about 2 years)
- Excellent written & verbal skills
- Animation or motion graphics experience
- Illustration experience
- Previous experience developing medical or wellness-related applications
Here’s What’s In It For You
- Our product is purposeful, and has a measurable, positive impact on our patients' and caregivers' day to day lives
- Propeller is poised to grow exponentially this year, expanding worldwide. You’ll have the opportunity to try out your design ideas in a variety of international markets
- As an independently-operating subsidiary of ResMed, we still offer all the best aspects of a highly agile startup, without the uncertainty
- We're not afraid to experiment with your bold ideas and see what works. We're pioneering the digital medicine space, and we need fearless explorers!
- Delve into Machine Learning, working with our brilliant Data Science team, among people who are deeply committed to protecting individuals' privacy
- We care about balancing work with the rest of life. We encourage and support our team members to disconnect when they’re not at work
Propeller Health is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive team with a wide range of backgrounds and experiences, each helping us understand our patients better, and strengthen our team. We firmly believe that hiring and supporting a diverse team allows us to do the best work of our lives, and make the disease experience different. To do this, we strive to maximize access to every opportunity, cultivate a diverse set of candidates, and if hired, providing them with support, mentorship, and growth opportunities. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, ability status, or any other differences. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. All are welcome here.