Thank you for your interest in Propeller. In light of the novel coronavirus, we’ve decided to temporarily pause filling our open positions and focus on addressing the near-term needs of our patients, customers, and team. We appreciate your patience through this unprecedented time, and encourage you to share your interest in Propeller by applying below to stay in the loop on our upcoming open positions. When we’re in a better position to anticipate our talent and team building needs, we’ll contact you if we decide that we have a potential fit for you in the future.
The Propeller Team
Asthma and COPD are two of the most frustrating challenges in healthcare. In the last 50 years, we’ve made huge leaps in developing new medicines and understanding the complexity of these diseases. Yet despite this progress, patients today aren’t doing as well as they could be. Medicines aren’t used correctly or consistently, and doctors don’t have the tools they need to deliver personalized treatment.
Propeller Health is changing that. We are the leading digital health company in respiratory care. Our technology helps patients and their doctors understand their disease, informs better treatment decisions and improves the quality of life of people living with asthma or COPD. Our mission is to make life better for every person and community affected by chronic respiratory disease.
Consider Joining Us If You Are
- Eager to work at a fast-paced startup company on a 5 to 7 person, self-governed, cross-functional team
- Looking to learn from some of the best engineers in the Madison area
- Passionate about eliminating waste, and getting stuff done
- Not afraid to experiment and fail. Failure is an opportunity to learn, and is embraced as a core tenet of Propeller.
- Naturally curious, and believe in lifelong personal growth
- A believer that technology can help solve hard problems and change the world
- Aware that technology, by itself, does not delight customers; the sweet spot is when we combine technology with practical solutions, surprises, utility, and social interaction
As a company, our purpose is to help patients with chronic disease lead measurably better lives. Propeller’s software engineers make the software that empowers patients, caregivers, clinicians, support and integrated partners to accomplish that purpose.
Our Engineering teams include; Platform/Full Stack, Data, Mobile, Frontend, DevOps and Manufacturing Engineers.
What’s In It For You
- Work with a smart, creative and diverse team of professionals. Solving respiratory disease requires a wide array of disciplines to work together. For example, we have epidemiologists, physicians/clinicians on staff combined with regulatory experts, statisticians and data scientists to build the best respiratory solution possible.
- Connecting as a team is important to us. We create plenty of opportunities to get together, such as regular summer cookouts for lunch, after work events like board game and hobby night, and our annual company-wide camping trip! You can opt in where it makes sense for you.
- We care about balancing work with the rest of life. We encourage and support our team members to disconnect when they’re not at work.
- A great office location in downtown Madison, steps from fun restaurants and shops!
We use React and Angular on the front end, and Node on the backend; Mongo for our main DB, Redis Amazon SQS to coordinate among our various processes. We use TensorFlow/Keras, Amazon Sagemaker and scikit-learn for machine learning. We host it all in AWS.
Our mobile apps are written in Objective-C/Swift and Java/Kotlin. iOS uses CocoaPods to manage dependencies and relies on native frameworks like Core Data and Core Bluetooth, as well as third party frameworks like OpenAPI. The Android application uses Retrofit, RxAndroid, and Dagger as well as the lifecycle aware Android Architecture Components.
We’re committed to unit testing, peer review, quality processes, and rapid cycle deployment.
Propeller Health is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive team with a wide range of backgrounds and experiences, each helping us understand our patients better, and strengthen our team. We firmly believe that hiring and supporting a diverse team allows us to do the best work of our lives, and make the disease experience different. To do this, we strive to maximize access to every opportunity, cultivate a diverse set of candidates, and if hired, providing them with support, mentorship, and growth opportunities. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, ability status, or any other differences. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. All are welcome here.