At Propel, our mission is to build modern, respectful, and effective financial tools for Americans with limited income. Over 5 million people use our app Providers, previously called Providers, to manage the benefits that keep their family well-fed and healthy, stay up to date on critical government programs, save money and earn income. Read more about the impact of the Providers app here, here, and here. Now we’re expanding further into the financial services space by building a new financial product that will offer the best banking option for low-income Americans.
The Business Development Lead plays a critical role on Propel’s Earn team, a new team within the Marketplace team that works with job boards, employers, and other job partners to help our users find ways to earn money. You will be responsible for growing the business from the ground up. You’ll follow labor industry trends, analyze opportunities, identify potential employer partners, conduct outreach, and close deals. You’ll work closely with the product, engineering, and design team in a fast-growing startup environment. We're a small team, enabling huge individual impact and promoting professional growth and flexibility.
Propel is a for-profit software company that holds its social mission at its core. Our investors include Andreessen Horowitz, the Omidyar Network, Kevin Durant, Serena Williams, and Nas.
We are strongly committed to hiring a diverse and multicultural team. We encourage applications from traditionally under-represented backgrounds, including those with direct experience with the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program.
- An immediate opportunity to make an impact
- A get-stuff-done and fun and caring culture
- Meaningful work and a strong shared sense of mission
- A remote-first working environment with an HQ in Brooklyn and satellite offices in San Francisco, Los Angeles, and Salt Lake City.
- Propel believes that everyone should be compensated fairly and equitably. We set our salary ranges using compensation data from hundreds of NYC based startups at our stage. Additionally, pay is not determined based on location. The salary range for this position is $100,000 - $130,000 depending on experience. Equity and excellent benefits come with this position as well!
What you’ll do:
- Identify and grow a pipeline of potential customers with potential value to users (i.e., money saved) and to the business.
- Research and understand customer needs to help validate mutual benefit and overall partnership potential.
- Work on proposals to pitch to new customers in coordination with and with guidance from Leads/Managers.
What you have:
- Proven ability to take a process or product end-to-end, from vision to execution and results with little guidance.
- Comfortable with ambiguity, works collaboratively, and brings in new business without hand holding.
- Exceptional communication skills. Comfortably able to reach out and converse at a high level with senior-level people in a professional, persuasive, and warm manner. Represent Propel’s mission to external parties and articulate Providers’ value proposition in a compelling manner.
- Proactive problem-solver, able to expand our product offering and generate new business ideas within the Earn business unit.
- Outstanding project management skills.
- Strong ability to collaborate and work as a member of the team. Pass credit, take blame, and demonstrate ownership.