At Propel, our mission is to build modern, respectful, and effective financial tools for Americans with limited income. Over 5 million people use our app, Providers, to manage the benefits they use to keep their family well-fed and healthy, stay up to date on critical government programs, save money, and earn income. Read more about the impact of Providers here. Now we’ve expanded further into the financial services space, offering the best banking option for low-income Americans.
We’re hiring a Director, Growth Product to form and lead our first dedicated growth squad, with an initial focus on helping our users understand, discover, and take advantage of the benefits associated with the Providers Card, our new debit card. You’ll dive deep into the data, listen closely to users, and rapidly test hypotheses for how to move users delightfully through the marketing funnel. You’ll manage at least one Product Manager and have the support of 1-2 engineers, a dedicated designer, and data analyst. You’ll partner closely with the core product team to deliver the best customer experience, while also enabling their experiments and learning.
The Director, Growth Product will be responsible for identifying gaps in the growth stack, and addressing those gaps through build or buy decisions. The ideal candidate for this role will have experience making thoughtful decisions about when to prioritize investment in the growth stack versus more experimentation.
Propel is a for-profit software company that holds its social mission at its core. Our investors include Andreessen Horowitz, Nyca Partners, Kleiner Perkins, Flourish Ventures, Kevin Durant, Serena Williams, and Nas.
We’re strongly committed to hiring a diverse and multicultural team. We encourage applications from traditionally under-represented backgrounds, including those with direct experience with the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program.
- Immediate opportunity to make an impact on our team, product, and business
- An opportunity to work on a product used by millions of people
- A get-stuff-done and fun and caring culture
- Meaningful work and a strong shared sense of mission
- A remote first work environment with a dog-friendly office in Downtown Brooklyn and satellite offices in San Francisco, Los Angeles, and Salt Lake City
- Propel believes that everyone should be compensated fairly and equitably. We set our salary ranges using compensation data from hundreds of NYC based startups at our stage. Additionally, pay is not determined based on location. The salary range for this position is $200,000 - $220,000 depending on experience. Equity and excellent benefits come with this position as well!
What you’ll do:
- Dive deep into the funnel data for the Providers app and the debit product. Create a prioritized backlog of experiments to test hypotheses.
- Participate in user research and internalize the customer voice. Connect with users to gather insights about missing value that could lead to net new functionality built by the core product team.
- Guide the organization to follow along with learnings to drive tribal knowledge and inspire more hypotheses for more impact
- Own the Providers app home page and all personalization and onboarding that impacts the experience
- Audit the existing growth stack, including experimentation capabilities, push, email, in-app messaging, and analytics
- Make experimentation simpler and the results more reliable for both the growth squad and the core product team
- Define success for the growth squad and set measurable objectives to track progress
- Work with engineering, design, marketing, and data teams to create a shared identity and operating model that fosters collaboration and embraces learning quickly
What you have:
- 4+ years of growth product management experience
- You’ve led a big growth win for a consumer software product. Perhaps you discovered and scaled a major new acquisition channel, or you completely revamped a funnel, or you led the growth team of an organization that grew significantly
- Expertise in Braze and Amplitude
- Comfortable writing SQL queries
- Command of life cycle marketing techniques and experience implementing DRIP campaigns, as well as push and in-app notification triggers
- Previous experience building consumer mobile or web applications
- Background serving our customer segment and/or deep interest in learning about their problems and needs
- Experience leading a team of engineers, designers, and operations folks to prioritize, scope, and ship software
- Excellent, clear, and concise written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to tell a compelling story about product strategy