At Propel, our mission is to build modern, respectful, and effective financial tools for Americans with limited income. Over 5 million people use our app, Providers, to manage the benefits they use to keep their family well-fed and healthy, stay up to date on critical government programs, save money and earn income. Read more about the impact of Providers here. Now we’ve expanded further into the financial services space, offering the best banking option for low-income Americans.
As a Growth Marketing Manager at Propel, you’ll play a crucial role in both defining the Growth function and developing and executing on a cohesive growth marketing strategy to retain our users and grow our new debit card. You’ll be responsible for everything from running messaging experiments to optimizing key funnels. You’ll also build out our lifecycle marketing campaigns (using Braze) to increase engagement and retention and partner with other members of the Growth team and our Head of Marketing on a comprehensive go-to-market strategy as we think about scaling the product. You’ll work with designers, product managers, user researchers, analysts, and others to accelerate user growth, drive business impact, and champion brand love.
Propel is a for-profit software company that holds its social mission at its core. Our investors include Andreessen Horowitz, the Omidyar Network, Kevin Durant, Serena Williams, and Nas.
We are strongly committed to hiring a diverse and multicultural team. We encourage applications from traditionally under-represented backgrounds, including those with direct experience with the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program or other government benefits.
- A unique opportunity to make a real impact on our company, product, and brand, especially as we launch a new product
- A fun, get-stuff-done, and caring culture
- Meaningful work and a strong shared sense of mission
- Competitive compensation (including equity) and excellent benefits
- A remote first work environment with a dog-friendly office in Downtown Brooklyn and satellite offices in San Francisco, Salt Lake City and Los Angeles.
- Propel believes that everyone should be compensated fairly and equitably. We set our salary ranges using compensation data from hundreds of NYC based startups at our stage. Additionally, pay is not determined based on location. The salary range for this position is $110,000-$130,000 depending on experience. Equity and excellent benefits come with this position as well!
What you’ll do
- Prioritize, design, launch, and evaluate a roadmap of experiments to drive conversion at the top of the product funnel.
- Track key metrics related to conversion, retention/churn, and overall channel growth that will inform and guide the roadmap.
- Create effective user journeys to guide users to the right features in our product to improve their experience and increase our MAUs.
- Build effective lifecycle marketing strategies using push and email to drive engagement and retention of cardholders.
- Evaluate new channels (like SMS) to engage with users and test other strategic marketing investments.
- Help build our marketing tech stack to ensure that we have the right tooling, data, and infrastructure to communicate and measure results.
- Own one-off and evergreen campaigns for special offers and notifications, ensuring we execute while maintaining brand guidelines
- Help with our go-to-market launch strategy as we scale the debit card.
What you have
- 3-5 years of experience in growth marketing within consumer product/service companies
- Experience building mobile lifecycle marketing campaigns across multiple channels (i.e. email, push, SMS, etc.)
- Experience in delivering metrics impact related to conversion and retention.
- Experience successfully working cross-functionally with PMs, engineers, designers in a fast-paced organization
- Strong familiarity with Braze or similar MAPs; proficiency with Amplitude/Mixpanel, MMPs (like Appsflyer or Branch)
- Strong balance of qualitative and analytical skills - you’re just as comfortable talking to customers and developing personas as you are evaluating the results of an A/B test to confirm a hypothesis or diving into datasets of all types
- SQL, Figma, Excel Modeling knowledge and/or experience, that would be really helpful but not a requirement
- Curiosity: you’re always looking for new ways to find solutions to complex problems, whether by looking at new tooling, identifying new data trends, or talking with our users.
- Deep compassion for our users: you’re proactive about finding ways to assist in solving the problems of Americans’ with limited income and willing to go above and beyond to improve their lives