At Propel, our mission is to build modern, respectful, and effective financial tools for low-income Americans. Over 4 million people use our first product, Fresh EBT, to manage government benefits on their EBT card, save money, and earn income. Read more about the impact of Fresh EBT here, here, and here. Now we’re building Fresh Card, a new financial product that will offer the best banking option for low-income Americans.
We’re hiring for a bilingual Customer Operations Associate to help manage support and social engagement channels with our dedicated user base. Whether it’s through an Instagram comment, tweet, email support, or corresponding with our Fresh EBT Community on Facebook, our future Customer Ops Associate delights in helping others! Outside of supporting our customers on a personal one to one basis, you’ll also have an opportunity to solve problems at scale by working closely with our product teams to identify issues and trends. The right person for this role has a can-do attitude, is eager and ready to learn, and has a zeal for excellent customer service.
We are strongly committed to hiring a diverse and multicultural team. We encourage applications from traditionally under-represented backgrounds, including those with direct experience with the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program.
Propel is a for-profit software company that holds its social mission at its core. Our investors include Andreessen Horowitz, the Omidyar Network, Kevin Durant, Serena Williams, and Nas.
- Immediate opportunity to make an impact
- A get-stuff-done and fun and caring culture
- Meaningful work and a strong shared sense of mission
- Competitive compensation (including equity) and excellent benefits
- A dog-friendly office based in Downtown Brooklyn
- Exciting opportunity to help build this function from the ground up
What you’ll do:
- Provide outstanding customer service to our users through various help channels (email, text, phone) and provide insights based on these interactions to team members.
- Moderate our various social channels (Facebook Ad comments, Twitter, and Instagram)
- Build relationships with our Fresh EBT Facebook Community
- Create, execute and iterate on differing recurring tasks to improve customer experience - this can be anything from bug investigations to operationalizing incentives.
- Monitor customer activities and investigate operational issues as they arise, escalating as needed.
- Create new customer support documentation and procedures for both internal and direct customer interaction, and help us think about the best ways to grow our customer support function.
- Own or support other ad hoc projects related to government benefits and financial services that help us improve our product and customer experience.
What you have:
- 1+ years experience in Zendesk or another online customer support platform. Experience at a fast-growing start-up is a plus!
- Fluent in English. Fluency in Spanish a plus
- Experience with basic analysis in Excel or Google Sheets
- Super detail-oriented with great written and verbal communication skills. You should be able to effectively communicate complex issues and insights to other team members.
- Comfortable with ambiguity and can work well under pressure. You’ll need to successfully juggle multiple priorities.
- Experience analyzing data and identifying trends and patterns
- Intellectually curious and quick to pick up new skills/technologies.