At Propel, our mission is to build modern, respectful, and effective financial tools for low-income Americans. Over 4 million people use our first product, Fresh EBT, to manage government benefits on their EBT card, save money, and earn income. Read more about the impact of Fresh EBT here, here, and here. Now we’re expanding further into the financial services space by building a new financial product that will offer the best banking option for low-income Americans.
The Director of Marketing will develop a cohesive marketing strategy to attract and engage our customer segment and drive growth of our products. You’ll lead all aspects of marketing activities including product marketing, paid customer acquisition, content marketing, CRM, SEO, and much more. You’ll own our product positioning, be responsible for key growth metrics, and develop launch strategies for new products and features in order to raise awareness and drive demand from customers. As the first dedicated marketing hire, you’ll get your hands dirty driving product marketing efforts, running experiments to optimize conversion funnels, and eventually help build a team.
Propel is a for-profit software company that holds its social mission at its core. Our investors include Andreessen Horowitz, the Omidyar Network, Kevin Durant, Serena Williams, and Nas.
We are strongly committed to hiring a diverse and multicultural team. We encourage applications from traditionally under-represented backgrounds, including those with direct experience with the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program or other government benefits.
- As our first in-house marketer, a unique opportunity to make a real impact on our company, product, and brand
- A fun, get-stuff-done, and caring culture
- Meaningful work and a strong shared sense of mission
- Competitive compensation (including equity) and excellent benefits
- A dog-friendly office based in Downtown Brooklyn (remote work through at least mid 2021)
What you’ll do
- Develop and operationalize integrated multi-channel marketing strategies for existing and new products, focusing on optimizing conversion funnels.
- Continually and rapidly test, evaluate, and optimize segments, programs, and channels.
- Develop and refine product positioning, messaging, and content, working closely with product and UX research teams.
- Own our brand and positioning, leading efforts to understand how customers respond to our brand and how to better bring it to life through excellent storytelling.
- Own the relationship with outsourced performance marketers to optimize the marketing budget (currently >$2M/year) and provide clearer insights on CAC and LTV for different segments and channels.
What you have
- Deep experience in product marketing within consumer product/service companies, including solid understanding of mobile app growth and retention and a passion for storytelling.
- Track record bringing new products to market and contributing to building brands that customers love.
- Knowledge and expertise optimizing conversion funnels and performance across marketing channels and sub-channels (i.e. SEO, SEM, display, remarketing, social, on-site, etc.), including familiarity with A/B testing tools and approaches.
- Strong analytical background with direct experience successfully managing and optimizing marketing investments to achieve P&L and ROI objectives.
- Ability to act as a player/coach depending on the needs of the organization and function.
- Experience working cross-functionally with PMs, engineers, designers in a fast-moving organization.