Promptworks builds ingenious software that lasts for innovative companies with big ideas.
We bring deep product development & software engineering expertise, human-centric design thinking, and transparent processes to the table to solve hard problems for companies as small as early-stage startups and as large as Fortune 50 corporations. Our clients spread across many different industries: green energy, healthcare, education, telecommunications, finance, and retail to name a few.
We are looking for people to join our team who value the same things we do: doing outstanding work, continuously growing ourselves as practitioners, maintaining work-life balance, and supporting the communities in which we work, live and learn.
About the position
We’re looking for a well-rounded project manager passionate about helping companies build and launch innovative digital products. As the connective tissue on a product development team, project managers are essential to bringing a client’s vision to the world by ensuring that projects are properly scoped, managed, and delivered in collaboration with our clients.
Using Agile best practices and techniques, project managers align our team and the client around product vision, bring out the best in our product development teams, and help improve our internal processes. Project managers work on a wide variety of projects with clients that range from large-scale enterprises to scrappy startups disrupting an industry and everything in between.
About the ideal candidate
You take a collaborative approach, dedicated to winning as a team. You live for the details, but you don’t lose sight of the big picture. You enjoy translating undefined ideas into actionable solutions. Process is a valuable tool, but you don’t let it interfere with team collaboration. You default to getting things done and helping your team do the same. You are comfortable switching from a granular refinement exercise to presenting a high-level proposal for executives. You’re a lifelong learner and always looking for ways to improve as a professional.
Candidates for this role should have 3-5 years of relevant experience, with preference to those with previous product experience.
- Champion client vision and priorities in day-to-day development cycles
- Ensure shared understanding and alignment on product vision and project scope between product development team and client
- Responsible for projecting total project budget, actualizing on a weekly basis, and reporting spend to clients on regular basis
- Adapt resource management plan to fit within scope and budget needs and reproject budget and timeline as needed
- Report project progress, budget and timeline expectations both internally as well as to client stakeholders; surface key decisions to client stakeholders
- Responsible for project organization and facilitation using appropriate methodologies for project and client context
- Drive an Agile process and facilitate meetings with clients and staff
- Turn business needs into actionable user stories in collaboration with engineers and designers
- Manage backlog organization and refinement in collaboration with product development team
- Enable team productivity; ensure development is unblocked and team has all resources needed for success
REQUIRED SKILLS INCLUDE
- 3-5 years of related work experience, preferably in custom software development
- Strong organizational skills with an emphasis on efficiency and productivity
- Experience managing budgets and deadlines on multiple medium-sized projects
- Proven ability to work directly with engineering, QA, and design teams on the development and release of software
- Experience in Agile frameworks and methodologies (Scrum, Lean, Kanban, etc)
- Ability to translate high-level requirements into actionable user stories
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, understanding how to tailor messaging to the audience
- Naturally curious and eager to learn and grow
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
Promptworks is committed to creating a diverse, equitable, and inclusive environment for all people regardless of gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, and veteran status.