We are focused on Good Living for the Greater Good. This means providing a true sense of home and belonging for our Neighbors and Prometheans and giving our time and resources to bring positive change locally and beyond. It also means supporting you in your career goals with the very best working experience, and that starts with us having fun in the work we do together.
YOUR ROLE AND IMPACT
Prometheus is seeking a qualified and motivated individual to join our accounting team as an Entry-Level Accountant. The Staff Accountant performs real estate accounting duties for residential and commercial properties including but not limited to maintenance and analysis of accounting records; preparing and recording monthly journal entries; performing bank reconciliation. The Staff Accountant reports directly to the Accounting Manager.
- Financial and Reporting – Assist accounting team in preparing accurate monthly and annual financial statements and owner/lender property management reports within established deadlines; Review the property financial statements and related supporting documents to ensure that the financial statements are correct and in conformity with GAAP; Perform bank reconciliation; Prepare quarterly and annual lender compliance package.
- General Accounting Responsibilities - Assist Property Accounting team in research and analyze operational expenses from Corporate overhead expenses allocation to ensure all expenses are properly classified in the property level general ledger; Compile Property management fee and asset management fee calculation for review and approval; Perform accounting system setup to ensure AME reports are automatically downloaded. Perform general entry posting for utility, payroll, telecommunication expense, etc. from data provided by outside service companies and other departments internally.
- Other Responsibilities - Prepare various wire transfer requests in a timely fashion; Compile all real estate tax bills and coordinate with Accountants to ensure all tax bills are paid on time. Actively participate in departmental training and education programs; Actively participate in staff meetings or special projects as assigned by management;
The Staff Accountant must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree in business required, accounting and finance preferred.
- Must possess basic computational skills. Must have the ability to compute rate, discounts, interest, and commissions. Must be able to prepare and analyze data figures and transcriptions generated by a computer
- Computer proficient in Windows, MS Office, Word, Excel, Outlook, OneSite, the Internet, property management and job cost accounting software programs.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
We offer a variety of benefits that take compensation well beyond a paycheck. This includes traditional benefits and benefits you might not expect or know about, such as:
- 100% Paid Benefits (you read that right, Prometheus pays 100% of healthcare, vision, and dental insurance premiums for all Prometheans and their families)
- Paid volunteer time
- Housing discounts
- 401(K) matching
- Tuition reimbursement
- 12 paid holidays plus vacation
Learn more about these and other perks of being a Promethean by exploring our full Benefits Guide.
Prometheus is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state or local law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.