at Prometheus Real Estate Group
San Mateo, California, United States
Founded in 1965, Prometheus is the largest privately held owner of apartments in the San Francisco Bay Area, with a portfolio of over 13,000 apartments in the Silicon Valley, Portland and Seattle regions. We invest in real estate long-term and the focus on enduring quality drives every element of what we do - from our selection of locations, to design decisions, reinvestments into our Neighborhoods and our operating strategy.
We are proud to be a Certified B Corporation, part of a group of companies that meets the highest standards for using business as a force for good. We have more than 500 Prometheans, and have a home office in San Mateo, with satellite offices in Portland, Oregon, and in the Bay Area. We are a vertically integrated company with four main core competencies in-house: acquisitions/investments, development, value-add renovations, and operations/property management. Prometheus has a long history of award-winning approaches to what we do, receiving over 100 awards for design and excellence including Fortune Magazine’s list of 100 Best Small & Medium Companies, the 100 Best Workplaces for Women and Best Places to Work in the Bay Area.
We are focused on Good Living for the Greater Good. This means providing a true sense of home and belonging for our Neighbors and Prometheans and giving our time and resources to bring positive change locally and beyond. It also means supporting you in your career goals with the very best working experience, and that starts with us having fun in the work we do together.
YOUR ROLE AND IMPACT
Prometheus is looking for an Senior Interior Designer with a keen sense of space planning, FF&E selection and construction coordination. The Designer will be required to develop full AutoCAD plans, details and elevations and must be able to create new layouts and rendered plans while making sure timelines are met and costs are within budget. Designer will be working alongside our VP of Architecture & Brand Experience in coordination new development and renovation designs efforts while developing new brand design standards.
- Interior Design – You are ready to work with the design team to develop a project, from conceptual design through project close.
- Project Coordination – In your role, you will work across departments to develop and maintain project schedules. Work with external consultants to ensure project compliance with company design standards and brand guidelines. Site visits to review progress.
- Administrative – Processing, monitoring and reconciling all invoices throughout the life of the project. Managing all documentation relevant to the projects such as approved submittals, RFIs, change orders and contracts.
Here’s more of the nitty-gritty:
The Senior Interior Designer possesses the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation:
- Bachelor’s degree (ideally in Interior Design, Architecture or related field).
- 10 years of professional experience; preferably experience in Residential, Multifamily or Hospitality design
- Entrepreneurial spirit required. Ability to work independently and readily take direction when appropriate.
- Strong attention to detail with the ability and willingness to follow through directly with a sense of ownership. Must be highly organized. Calm, problem solver.
- Ability to execute multiple projects simultaneously
- AutoCAD (Professional Level)
- Microsoft Office
- Strong background in FF&E selections and procurement
- Bluebeam Review
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
We offer a variety of benefits that take compensation well beyond a paycheck. This includes traditional benefits and benefits you might not expect or know about, such as:
- 100% Paid Benefits (you read that right, Prometheus pays 100% of healthcare, vision, and dental insurance premiums for all Prometheans and their families)
- Paid volunteer time
- Housing discounts
- 401(K) matching
- Tuition reimbursement
- 12 paid holidays plus vacation
Learn more about these and other perks of being a Promethean by exploring our full Benefits Guide.
Prometheus is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state or local law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.