We are focused on Good Living for the Greater Good. This means providing a true sense of home and belonging for our Neighbors and Prometheans and giving our time and resources to bring positive change locally and beyond. It also means supporting you in your career goals with the very best working experience, and that starts with us having fun in the work we do together.
YOUR ROLE AND IMPACT
The Neighbor Service Technician is responsible for all general apartment and facilities maintenance functions in order to maintain and preserve the Neighborhood and to provide a quality living environment for our Neighbors.
- Customer Service – First and foremost, it's your job to make sure our Neighbors feel at HOME, ridiculously well-cared for and genuinely proud to live in our Neighborhoods. Show them tomorrow matters.
- Daily Operations – Every detail counts. As a Neighborhood Service Tech III, you are responsible for timely completion of all phases of apartment turnovers and troubleshooting/repair of most major and all minor mechanical systems. You will also help with scheduling outside vendors, performing administrative support duties for maintenance related activities, and provide support and leadership to the Maintenance team.
HERE'S MORE OF THE NITTY-GRITTY
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills, and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Education - A High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED) is required, and you must have minimum three certificates from related institutions reflecting completion of maintenance related courses, such as: BOMA, IREM and/or vocational programs.
- Availability - You must be available for on-call services.
- Industry Experience - Minimum of three to four years experience and/or training in apartment maintenance. Minimum of one year supervisory experience, if applicable.
- Communication Skills - Ability to speak, communicate, read, write and understand the primary languages used in the workplace including, but not limited to, English in order to maintain safety in the workplace and serve internal and external customers.
- Technical Skills - Must possess basic computer proficiency and understanding of building materials and tools.
- Physical Demands - Requires standing, climbing, balancing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, hearing, and visual acuity. Most work tasks are performed outdoors. Temperature is moderate. Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. occasionally.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
We offer a variety of benefits that take compensation well beyond a paycheck. This includes traditional benefits and benefits you might not expect or know about, such as:
- 100% Paid Benefits (you read that right, Prometheus pays 100% of healthcare, vision, and dental insurance premiums for all Prometheans and their families)
- Paid volunteer time
- Housing discounts
- 401(K) matching
- Tuition reimbursement
- 12 paid holidays, including your birthday!
Learn more about these and other perks of being a Promethean by exploring our full Benefits Guide.
Prometheus is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state or local law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.