Prolific Machines is on a mission to accelerate the transition to sustainable agriculture. We believe that we have the only solution to make cultured meat at a price that is competitive with factory farming. We are looking for mission-driven, skilled, and kind people to help create the alternative we need to transition to a more sustainable and healthy future.
Diversity: We value diverse people, perspectives, and knowledge. To this end, we aim to foster a sense of belonging that enables everyone to bring their whole, authentic self to work everyday. We are committed to growing a diverse and inclusive team that encompasses all types of people. We believe this can only be achieved by acknowledging the ancestral, historic, and current systemic and communal inequities.
The Research Associate will be a key member of our cell biology team working on research and development of cell lines for use in cultured meat production. They will assist with the generation, characterization and maintenance of mammalian cell lines. In this role, they will perform techniques such as cloning and transfection to generate these cell lines, and will characterize the cell lines using techniques such as qPCR, immunofluorescence and proliferation assays. They will begin with enough experience to contribute immediately to our research program, and there will be ample opportunity for further growth and responsibility within our expanding biology team. Overall, the Research Associate will play a crucial role in supporting our molecular biology experiments, assay development and routine cell culture needs, and will be responsible for generating a large amount of experimental data that will advance our mission to make cultured meat affordable and delicious.
We are looking for a Research Associate II/III (depending on experience) who:
- Has a Bachelors or higher degree in biology or a related life science discipline, and 1+ years experience working in a biological research laboratory.
- Has substantial experience in cell culture (required); familiarity with more challenging cell types such as mammalian stem cells is a plus.
- Is experienced in routine molecular biology techniques such as DNA and RNA isolation, DNA mini and midi preps, PCR/qPCR, and transfection.
- Has strong organizational skills and the ability to manage time effectively, and takes initiative in carrying out tasks.
- Pays attention to detail and maintains accurate and up-to-date experimental records (experience with electronic notebooks such as Benchling is a plus).
- Is excited to work flexibly and learn new skills in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
Salary Range: $80,000 - $95,000 DOE (bi-weekly payments)
Start Date & Location: Emeryville, CA, starting within the next 2 months.
Location: The San Francisco Bay Area (Emeryville)
Compensation: Competitive salary (bi-weekly payments), stock options (subject to vesting), performance-based bonus, and free lunch every day!
Benefits: Outstanding Health, Vision & Dental Insurance (including full spouse coverage), at least one all-expense-paid team holiday per year, flexibility in schedule and unlimited vacation days.
Evaluation: In lieu of the traditional application process of a CV and cover letter, we would rather give you an opportunity to tell us about yourself on your own terms by answering the below three questions. How you answer these is up to you: in words (narrative or otherwise), video, or visually. However, we do ask that it is concise (e.g less than 200 words for written answers). If applying by video or visually please send your application to email@example.com.