Prolific Machines is an innovative startup biotech on a mission to accelerate the transition to sustainable agriculture. We believe that we have the only solution to make cultured meat at a price that is competitive with factory farming. We are looking for mission-driven, skilled, and kind people to help create the alternative we need to transition to a more sustainable and healthy future.
Diversity: We value diverse people, perspectives, and knowledge. To this end, we aim to foster a sense of belonging that enables everyone to bring their whole, authentic self to work everyday. We are committed to growing a diverse and inclusive team that encompasses all types of people. We believe this can only be achieved by acknowledging the ancestral, historic, and current systemic and communal inequities.
We are looking for an experienced Head of Finance to both lead our financial strategy and work with our executive team to help define and execute on our commercial strategy. Using your extensive experience in successfully scaling start-ups from an early stage, you will improve, optimize and scale financial systems, controls and processes, as well as advise on commercialization strategies.
We are seeking an individual who has experience scaling a fast growing start-up and is highly mission driven. In this role you will be in charge of managing/ allocating our funds, as well as, defining solutions and processes that scale. This is a great opportunity for a business-oriented leader to work directly with the executive team and to build a finance function at a fast-growing, high-impact organization at the forefront of food tech.
- You will be responsible for communicating to investors our financial position, run rate and budget through the preparation of reports, presentations and financial models and are expected to both join board meetings (as appropriate) and meetings with potential investors to help raise capital.
- You will work closely with the executive team using your experience, vision, and strategic thinking to influence the trajectory of the organization.
- You will review monthly financial reports, confirm accuracy and identify opportunities for savings/ optimization of our activities and forecasting models.
- You will be responsible for ensuring that our procurement processes are optimized
- You will be in charge of capital allocation and cash management for Prolific Machines, balancing return and liquidity to ensure we have cash on hand to make our capital investments.
- You will manage our outsourced finance team and review and approve large invoice items.
What you’ll bring
- You will have overseen the finance department of a start-up taking them from early stage (Seed/ Series A) to late stage (Series C, D or IPO) and have experience managing budgets >$50m.
- You will have 7+ years of relevant professional experience, ideally in a start-up environment.
- You can develop and present a compelling & comprehensive vision that is grounded in data, and enjoy building models that allow selecting the best strategy.
- You understand and are familiar with the benefits of the funding instruments available to start-ups across debt, capital raising and grants.
- You will be flexible, pragmatic and willing to assist with duties outside of your domain when required for the business.
- You have a growth oriented mindset and want to develop solutions that scale.
Location: The San Francisco Bay Area (Emeryville)
Compensation: Competitive salary (bi-weekly payments), stock options (subject to vesting), performance-based bonus, and free lunch every day!
Benefits: Outstanding Health, Vision & Dental Insurance (including full spouse coverage), 401k plan with employer contributions, unlimited paid time off.
Evaluation: In lieu of the traditional application process of a CV and cover letter, we would rather give you an opportunity to tell us about yourself on your own terms by answering the below three questions. How you answer these is up to you: in words (narrative or otherwise), video, or visually. However, we do ask that it is concise (e.g less than 200 words for written answers). If applying by video or visually please send your application to email@example.com.