Prolific Machines is an innovative startup biotech on a mission to accelerate the transition to sustainable agriculture. We believe that we have the only solution to make cultured meat at a price that is competitive with factory farming. We are looking for mission-driven, skilled, and kind people to help create the alternative we need to transition to a more sustainable and healthy future.
Diversity: We value diverse people, perspectives, and knowledge. To this end, we aim to foster a sense of belonging that enables everyone to bring their whole, authentic self to work everyday. We are committed to growing a diverse and inclusive team that encompasses all types of people. We believe this can only be achieved by acknowledging the ancestral, historic, and current systemic and communal inequities.
The Research Associate will be a key member of our R&D team helping to develop our first cultivated meat product. The RA will be involved in design, execution, and analysis of experiments in material and media development.The role will have scope for technical growth and development, with opportunities to add new skills and take on more responsibility once the essential functions are mastered.
- Bachelor’s degree in biology, biochemistry, bioengineering, materials science, or a related field, or have other relevant technical education/experience;
- Experience with aseptic technique in mammalian cell culture (stem cell culture is a plus);
- Proficiency in conducting biological assays;
- Comfort in working independently and within an interdisciplinary team;
- Have strong organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills;
- Desire to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Carry out routine maintenance of mammalian cell culture;
- Perform compound screening for media development and optimization;
- Follow and write SOPs for material preparation, instrument operation, etc.;
- Conduct 3D cell culture experiments in bench-top bioreactors;
- Analyze, interpret, and effectively report results to supervisor regularly;
- Maintain accurate and well-written SOPs and electronic lab notebooks.
Location: The San Francisco Bay Area (Emeryville)
Compensation: Competitive salary (bi-weekly payments), stock options (subject to vesting), performance-based bonus, and free lunch every day!
Benefits: Outstanding Health, Vision & Dental Insurance (including full spouse coverage), 401k plan with employer contributions, unlimited paid time off.
Evaluation: In lieu of the traditional application process of a CV and cover letter, we would rather give you an opportunity to tell us about yourself on your own terms by answering the below three questions. How you answer these is up to you: in words (narrative or otherwise), video, or visually. However, we do ask that it is concise (e.g less than 200 words for written answers). If applying by video or visually please send your application to email@example.com.