As a member of a creative hardware and software team in a fast-paced start-up company, you will tackle challenging problems by writing code for embedded platforms with novel sensors within a consumer electronics ecosystem. Our aim is to change the face of healthcare and you will have an opportunity to make substantial contributions to improve the lives of millions. You will play a major role in defining our company’s first offering, a wearable.
This wearable sensor device must deliver both an amazing end-user experience and be a data storage and transport platform for medically relevant research. Naturally we aim for it to be as small as possible and require charging as seldom as possible. The person we are looking for will be responsible for implementing the firmware part of this complicated equation.
If you love hands on coding of production ready firmware for an RTOS with very challenging limits on power and storage, then this is for you!
List of Responsibilities
● architect and write software for an embedded system with more than a dozen sensor streams
● minimize power consumption while maintaining sensor performance
● contribute to user-centric strategy to enable painless firmware updates in the wild
● work with mobile team to implement transfer protocol
● collaborate with experience team to deliver user experience and interactions (swipe & tap recognition)
● work with analytics team to implement sensor interpretation algorithms on the wearable
● architect and set up QA workflow as we move towards manufacturing
List of Requirements
● 5+ years of solid experience with embedded firmware development
● hands-on experience with hardware/firmware co-debugging
● handling time-series sensor data and compression would be a plus
● low power ARM Cortex microcontrollers and tool chain
● substantial Bluetooth stack development
● familiar with schematic review and test instruments
● Masters in EE or CS