Project Canary is a mission-driven B-Corp that helps reduce emissions in the energy, waste, and agriculture industries through independent assessment of carbon and environmental footprints. With offices in Denver and Austin, Project Canary achieves this goal by ingesting data from various sources, including its own proprietary environmental sensors, to calculate carbon emissions from different facilities in real-time. The resulting independent, trusted data can inform the procurement of offsets in real-time using microtransactions, formulate the data-driven ESG strategy that investors now demand, improve operations by identifying problem areas in minutes, and bolster customer engagement through radical supply chain transparency.
Initially, Project Canary is focused on the energy industry. With thousands of energy assets analyzed and hundreds of environmental and air quality sensors currently deployed, Project Canary is positioned better than anyone to provide empirical ESG data.
Project Canary’s success is attributed to the motivation, skill, and teamwork of its employees. The team understands the importance of maintaining a culture where relationships are valued, feedback is crucial, and trust in each other and our products/services is paramount. If you enjoy a fast-paced environment, mission-driven work, and being a valued member of a motivated diverse team, we want to hear from you.
- Work with COO to define the product strategy and roadmap
- Develop deep understanding of technical aspects around the product
- Clearly outline software enhancement needs and communicate them to software engineers
- Lead customer discovery and market research on leading ESG data
- Identify public and private third-party data sets to expand scope of product
- Work with other Product Managers to integrate your work with other Project Canary products
- Work with Customer Success to obtain customer feedback to enhance products
- Constantly think through and prioritize product enhancements and extensions
- Work with VP of Finance to define and update product unit economics and forecast product costs
- Work with marketing personnel to prepare materials and hone product messaging
- Brief and train the sales force on product value prop, latest enhancements, and future path
- Be an expert on product’s competition
- Work with VP of Opps and Technical Engineers (Mechanical & Chemical) to assess speed of product delivery and identify bottlenecks
- Never sacrifice environmental or ESG authenticity of the product
- 3+ years as Product Manager or Software Engineer Manager, preferably at an earlier stage start-up (Series A or B)
- Professional experience in software development, mechanical or petroleum engineering, preferred
- Bachelors degree, MBA or MS preferred
- Knowledge of ESG standards (SASB, TCFD, etc.) and ESG / environmental products
- Understanding of how physical engineering designs and plans impact the environment and safety
- Full coverage of health, dental, and vision insurance
- 401K company match
- Student loan assistance
Project Canary provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.