Project Canary is a mission-driven B-Corp that helps reduce emissions in the energy, waste, and agriculture industries through independent assessment of carbon and environmental footprints. With offices in Denver and Austin, Project Canary achieves this goal by ingesting data from various sources, including its own proprietary environmental sensors, to calculate carbon emissions from different facilities in real-time. The resulting independent, trusted data can inform the procurement of offsets in real-time using microtransactions, formulate the data-driven ESG strategy that investors now demand, improve operations by identifying problem areas in minutes, and bolster customer engagement through radical supply chain transparency.
Initially, Project Canary is focused on the energy industry. With thousands of energy assets analyzed and hundreds of environmental and air quality sensors currently deployed, Project Canary is positioned better than anyone to provide empirical ESG data.
Project Canary’s success is attributed to the motivation, skill, and teamwork of its employees. The team understands the importance of maintaining a culture where relationships are valued, feedback is crucial, and trust in each other and our products/services is paramount. If you enjoy a fast-paced environment, mission-driven work, and being a valued member of a motivated diverse team, we want to hear from you.
- Strategize with COO (Stanford MBA) and VP of Operations (Harvard MBA) on potential software and hardware product enhancements to target sales to both energy companies (utilities, pipelines, upstream) and financial industry (banks, private equity, insurance, pension funds, etc.)
- Coordinate with the customer success team to optimize product offerings to meet customer needs
- Communicate projected customer needs to finance personnel to inform revenue and cost projections
- Create and/or refine enhancements to the customer data platform to streamline internal operations, material procurement and invoices
- Building and maintaining financial models for financial planning, fundraising, and identification of operational efficiencies
- Collect and analyze data to drive insights on product supply to match the incoming demand from our sales teams
- Execute on delivery, installation, and maintenance logistics for monitoring devices
- Craft communication material to current and prospective investors and customers
- Utilize scientific lens to identify creative ways to achieve similar outcomes with a slightly different approach
- Help “dream big” to think through climate change externality quantification in a wide range of industries, business cases, and technologies
- Bachelor’s degree, MBA preferred
- Experience or demonstrated interest in fast-paced, high growth start-up environments
- Being a “doer” willing to jump into a wide range of tasks and make decisions quickly
- Excelling in leading large, diverse teams in various contexts
- Experience managing complex cross-functional projects and teams
- A data-driven mindset and ability to use analytics to drive insights relating to management structures and operational efficiencies
- Comfort with ambiguity and iterating on operating models in unchartered territory
Project Canary provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.