Project Canary is a mission-driven B-Corp that helps reduce emissions in the energy, waste, and agriculture industries through independent assessment of carbon and environmental footprints. With offices in Denver and Austin, Project Canary achieves this goal by ingesting data from various sources, including its own proprietary environmental sensors, to calculate carbon emissions from different facilities in real-time. The resulting independent, trusted data can inform the procurement of offsets in real-time using microtransactions, formulate the data-driven ESG strategy that investors now demand, improve operations by identifying problem areas in minutes, and bolster customer engagement through radical supply chain transparency.
Initially, Project Canary is focused on the energy industry. With thousands of energy assets analyzed and hundreds of environmental and air quality sensors currently deployed, Project Canary is positioned better than anyone to provide empirical ESG data.
Project Canary’s success is attributed to the motivation, skill, and teamwork of its employees. The team understands the importance of maintaining a culture where relationships are valued, feedback is crucial, and trust in each other and our products/services is paramount. If you enjoy a fast-paced environment, mission-driven work, and being a valued member of a motivated diverse team, we want to hear from you.
Project Canary is looking for an experienced, results-oriented Front End Developer to join our growing team. A successful candidate will be creative, attentive to detail, willing and eager to learn new technologies, and passionate about delivering high quality user experiences to our customers. They will work with our engineering team to maintain and improve existing web applications, as well as design and develop new features and applications.
- Maintain, support, and extend our existing web-based products and services
- Work closely with our engineering team to design, develop and deliver new applications and features for both internal and external users
- Optimize websites and applications to improve performance, user experience, and usability across a wide range of browsers, devices, and screen sizes
- Write unit, integration, and end-to-end tests and contribute to the development of automated testing procedures and systems
- Create prototypes, mockups, and staging sites for review and feedback
- Participate in R&D and exploration of new technologies, frameworks, best practices and techniques to continuously improve our products and services
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Electrical Engineering (or equivalent professional experience) with 3+ years of experience in modern web application development.
- Demonstrated professional experience working with at least one modern front end web application framework such as React (preferred), Angular, VueJS
- An eye for design and attention to detail, with the ability to turn mockups, sketches, and wireframes into beautiful, performant and maintainable user facing application components
- Experience with data visualization and charting tools such as D3.js, plotly, Chart.js, etc.
- Understanding of authentication/authorization using OAuth and JWT/bearer tokens
- Working knowledge of Git for source/version control
- Experience with dependency and package management using Yarn or npm and an understanding of the implications of introducing dependencies
- Experience using Python for web application backends and/or data science applications
- Knowledge and understanding of object-oriented programming and design patterns
- Experience with mapping and geospatial data processing and visualization - GeoJSON, Mapbox, CesiumJS, Leaflet, OpenLayers, Google Maps JS API, GDAL, etc.
- Experience with 3D rendering using WebGL/OpenGL and related tools, languages, and frameworks - Three.js, deck.gl, luma.gl, GLSL, Unity, PDAL, Entwine, etc.
- Experience with hybrid mobile application design and frameworks - React Native, Ionic, Cordova, Flutter, NativeScript, etc.
- Project management skills and experience
Project Canary provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.