We are looking for:
A new member of our Engineering Team at Project A, who is passionate about modern web technologies, loves clean code and enjoys learning new things. As part of your job, you would gain insights into many different working environments and software projects of our portfolio companies.
What will keep you challenged?
- Building, growing and guiding the engineering team to solve difficult problems
- Setting and executing a technology vision and architectural direction for the team
- Working closely with Product and User Experience Organisation and embracing lean and agile product development practices and data-driven decision making
- Seeking to reduce complexity by encouraging pragmatic solutions to help teams deliver and increase leverage for the organization
- Applying advanced, agile software development practices
- Translating product and business vision and strategy for the team
- Creating a healthy culture of collaboration and inclusion, leading by example
- Inspiring the organisation by exceeding expectations of customers, stakeholders, product and engineering teams
- Focusing on learning, applying, and extending best-in-class industry practices
- Java 8, Kotlin, PHP, Python, Golang, Nodejs, C# or others
- Symfony, Django, Spring or other modern frameworks
- PostgreSQL, Redis, Elasticsearch, Kafka and other modern technologies
- Docker, Kubernetes, Lambda functions
- AWS, GCP, Azure
- All architectures from monolithic to microservices
Which traits contribute to your success?
- Preferably first leading experience to provide mentorship, vision, and motivation for teams and transform it into a successful execution strategy
- Significant, sound, and proven experience in understanding different frontend and/or backend architecture patterns like microservices, event-driven systems, etc.
- Advanced at programming languages such as PHP / Java etc.
- Proven track record of taking a pragmatic approach while solving problems and passionate about code quality
- Being a good listener, but also argue for the cause when needed
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment and able to deal with change
- Highly self-driven, professional personality
- Capable of taking a helicopter view of things to get the big picture while getting into details when needed
- Fluency in English
What to expect working with us:
- Growing in an inspiring team of bright minds
- Have a steep learning curve, take responsibility from day one
- Take advantage of discount opportunities from our portfolio companies
- Stay mindful with the mental health platform Unmind (free membership)
- Mentoring network within our portfolio with 250+ participants
- Brainfood sessions with inspiring topics and paid company lunch (even remote!) & team events
- Mobile work policy Germany-wide or option to work from a modern office (with rooftop terrace in the heart of Berlin)
Do you want to be part of our success story?
We are looking forward to your online application.
The most important ingredient for startups are exceptional founders. We aim to be the best choice of partners for them
- by being conviction and integrity driven investors
- by providing access to operational excellence in product, growth, data and people
Project A is an equal opportunity employer who values diversity and encourages people of all ethnic & racial origins, gender identities, sexual orientations, religions & ideologies, socio-economic statuses, educational backgrounds, ages, and individuals of all abilities to apply.