“Nothing happens until someone sells something”. As a VC, we see it everyday: the smartest founding team with the best product idea in the world will fail if they can’t figure out how to scalably sell it. With an own department of specialists in the area of Sales & Customer Success, we’re determined to help our ventures sell by building and providing industry-leading expertise throughout their entire commercial funnel. The Sales Development Graduate Programme was created with the goal of accelerating the growth of our ventures while accumulating and distributing sales knowledge within Project A. Learning, applying and sharing is our formula for success and you will get to do this on a daily basis.
Start date: November/December 2021
In a nutshell:
- The duration of the program is 18 months, broken down into 3-4 projects at different companies
- After a comprehensive 4-week onboarding inside Project A, you will start your first of 3-4 projects of about 3-4 months each directly at our ventures, developing their sales
- You will have weekly meetings with your mentor and regular trainings inside Project A together with your fellow trainees and other colleagues
- Other learning opportunities will depend on your interests and could include for example a sponsored certification in a CRM system like Salesforce or a course on social selling
- The learning won’t stop after your traineeship: our goal is to keep working with you, either inside Project A, or within our portfolio, your further development is in your hands and we will do everything we can to help
What will keep you challenged?
- Using phone, mail or social channels to generate and hand over interested prospects to the sales team, gather customer insights, structure feedback and improve sales approach regularly
- Recognize inefficiencies in CRM systems, research lead sources, analyze data needs, negotiate with lead suppliers and organize data imports
- The learning opportunities throughout every commercial aspect of a startup, from business development to qualification sales, marketing, content, CRM and more
Which traits contribute to your success?
- A Bachelor’s, Master's degree in business (or related degree) or an MBA - Please submit your grades with your application
- A high interest in learning about and executing sales in daily customer contact
- Previous work experience, with a big plus on sales experience and customer contact
- Being a talented communicator interested in taking their skillset to the next level
- A love for numbers, data, structure and analytics
- A start-up mentality, which means being enthusiastic, self-motivated and hands-on
- German and English at a negotiation level
What to expect working with us:
- Growing in an inspiring team of bright minds
- Have a steep learning curve, take responsibility from day one
- Take advantage of discount opportunities from our portfolio companies
- Stay mindful with the mental health platform Unmind (free membership)
- Mentoring network within our portfolio with 250+ participants
- Brainfood sessions with inspiring topics and paid company lunch (even remote!) & team events
- Mobile work policy Germany-wide or option to work from a modern office (with rooftop terrace in the heart of Berlin)
Do you want to be part of our success story?
We are looking forward to your online application.
The most important ingredient for startups are exceptional founders.
We aim to be the best choice of partners for them
- by being conviction and integrity driven investors
- by providing access to operational excellence in product, growth, data and people
Project A is an equal opportunity employer who values diversity and encourages people of all ethnic & racial origins, gender identities, sexual orientations, religions & ideologies, socio-economic statuses, educational backgrounds, ages, and individuals of all abilities to apply.