Project Archer is an Augmented Reality studio based in the Seattle area. We are a team of engineers, designers, innovators and creators dedicated to paving the way for augmented reality applications in the retail space. Our focus is on functional use cases that merge diverse data streams and personalized information with specific physical locations to create productive and entertaining immersive real-world shopping experiences.
About the Role:
Success in interactive commerce requires a content engine to enable contextual intelligence: understand customer intent, understand store offerings and provide the best match of both. The successful candidate will lead and build the Contextual Intelligence engineering team leveraging advanced artificial intelligence (AI) and Machine learning (ML) holistically to support our ultimate goal: a new standard of consumer shopping with the fastest most delightful end-to-end consumer experience through Augmented Reality (AR). Our journey has just begun and we are building a hard-working passionate founding team to join us changing the retail landscape and driving technical innovation.
You’ll love this job if you:
- Think of the user first and delight them in new and exciting ways
- Have solid technical chops and use them to drive measurable impact to the customer and business
- Can work autonomously and know how to work in a high-performing autonomous team
- Think out of the box and make things happen
- Thrive in loosely structured environments and help create right-fit structure as we grow
- Consistently deliver and let nothing get in your way
- Are flexible to the changing demands of a fast-paced startup environment
- Work cross-functionally with other departments and other engineering teams to craft transparency and consensus in what you build
What you’ll do:
- Hands-on leadership of technologies and software development teams
- Design and build Project Archer’s Content Engine / Contextual Intelligence
- Productionize machine Learning models of cloud services and open source projects, including but not limited to the areas of Natural Language Processing (NLP), Machine Translation (MT), Speech Recognition, Image Recognition, Computer Vision (CV) and Information Retrieval (IR)
- Build Project Archer’s operational tooling platforms and internal tooling of simulation, experimentation and data management
- Boldly innovate without losing sight of our mission
- Collaborate directly with Product Managers, UX Designers, and other Engineering teams
- Help build a great engineering culture that consistently delivers value to our users and business
What you should have:
- 7+ years of industry experience in addition to academics
- BS / MS in Computer Science or related experience
- Experience with one or more general purpose programming languages including but not limited to: Java and Python
- Strong computer systems experience
- Experience with web service frameworks and UI components frameworks
- Experience with cloud computing
- Experience with linear algebra, calculus, and statistics
What We Offer:
- A fast paced startup environment with unlimited potential for growth
- Unlimited PTO - We believe in work-life balance and want you to take the time you need.
- Generous Medical, Dental and Vision packages to choose from
- 401K and Stock Options
- Career Development programs
- Monthly social events and team outings
- And so much more..
Project Archer is committed to working with the talented people from the broadest talent pool possible. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to sex, race, colour, ethnic or social origin, genetic features, language, religion or belief, political or any other opinion, membership of a national minority, property, birth, disability, age or sexual orientation.