Project Archer is an Augmented Reality studio based in the Seattle area. We are a team of engineers, designers, innovators and creators dedicated to paving the way for augmented reality applications in the retail space. Our focus is on functional use cases that merge diverse data streams and personalized information with specific physical locations to create productive and entertaining immersive real-world shopping experiences.
About the Role:
Success in interactive commerce requires optimizing the user experience to deliver service that delights. The research engineering team will creatively identify and leverage high quality, well-formed data to further Project Archer’s innovations through rigorous statistical/machine learning methodology and data-driven experimentation. Our ultimate goal is to create a new standard of consumer shopping with the fastest most delightful end-to-end consumer experience through Augmented Reality (AR). Our journey has just begun and we are building a hard-working passionate founding team to join us changing the retail landscape and driving technical innovation.
You’ll love this job if you:
- Think of the user first and delight them in new and exciting ways
- Have solid technical chops and use them to drive measurable impact to the customer and business
- Can work autonomously and know how to work in a high-performing autonomous team
- Think out of the box and make things happen
- Thrive in loosely structured environments and help create right-fit structure as we grow
- Consistently deliver and let nothing get in your way
- Are flexible to the changing demands of a fast-paced startup environment
- Work cross-functionally with other departments and other engineering teams to craft transparency and consensus in what you build
What you’ll do:
- Design, build, train and test machine Learning models, including but not limited to the areas of Natural Language Processing (NLP), Machine Translation (MT), Speech Recognition, Image Recognition, Computer Vision (CV) and Information Retrieval (IR)
- Apply state-of-the-art techniques in literature (paper/code that has been publicly available and is reproducible, including but not limited to those in reputable conferences / journals, arxiv and paperswithcode) and implement creative solutions with the data at hand, build prototypes and quickly bring value to solve business challenges.
- Write code to convert your ML models into working pipelines
- Work closely with product managers and engineers to frame machine Learning problem within the business context
- Participate in code reviews to ensure code quality and distribute knowledge
What you should have:
- 3-5 years of industry experience in addition to academics
- MS / PhD in Computer Science or a quantitative field
- Significant experience with machine learning - classification, regression and unsupervised modeling
- Proven ability to quickly and effectively turn research ML papers into working code
- Practical knowledge of how to build efficient end-to-end ML workflows
- Hands-on experience on popular ML open source projects such as Spacy, Huggingface Transformers, OpenCV
- "Engineer at heart" with a high degree of comfort in designing software systems and producing high-quality code
- Effective verbal and written communication, interpersonal and teamwork skills
What We Offer:
- A fast paced startup environment with unlimited potential for growth
- Unlimited PTO - We believe in work-life balance and want you to take the time you need.
- Generous Medical, Dental and Vision packages to choose from
- 401K and Stock Options
- Career Development programs
- Monthly social events and team outings
- And so much more.