At project44 we’re on a mission - to make supply chains work.
project44 optimizes the movement of products globally, delivering better resiliency, sustainability, and value for our customers. As the supply chain connective tissue, we operate the most trusted end-to-end visibility platform that tracks more than 1 billion shipments annually for the world’s leading brands. The undisputed leader in the market, project44 was named the Leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant, #1 in FreightWaves’ FreightTech 25, and the Customer’s Choice in Gartner Peer Insights’ Voice of the Customer report. project44 is headquartered in Chicago with a diverse and fast-growing, global workforce.
If you’re eager to be part of a winning team that works together to solve some of the most challenging supply chain challenges every day, let’s talk.
Director, Global Tax
As the Director, Global Tax, you will play a pivotal role in shaping the tax strategy of a rapidly scaling software business with multinational operations. This position offers the opportunity to lead the development and implementation of critical tax processes and controls, contributing to the company's growth trajectory in a fast-paced, stimulating environment. Take on the challenge of guiding project44 towards its global expansion, potential acquisitions, and future public company readiness, while fostering professional growth and making a meaningful impact.
- Take ownership of project44's global tax provision and US GAAP accounting for taxes, overseeing both international and domestic tax functions.
- Manage tax compliance and statutory reporting in foreign countries, focusing on VAT, US sales, GST, local tax compliance, and other indirect taxes, with particular emphasis on US and EU-based countries.
- Lead transfer pricing planning and administration for existing and new entities and locations, ensuring compliance with regulations.
- Plan, design, and monitor tax controls, ensuring robust processes and compliance measures are in place.
- Drive tax planning initiatives to optimize the Company's tax assets and ensure an effective tax rate, collaborating with third-party advisors.
- Provide expertise in the taxation of equity awards, both in the US and globally, contributing to the strategic planning of compensation packages.
- Demonstrate comprehensive knowledge of US tax regulations for foreign operations and exhibit expertise in a range of tax domains, including US federal tax and GAAP accounting for international matters.
- Lead and execute comprehensive tax strategies, utilizing your proven leadership skills to guide the tax function effectively.
- Demonstrate a deep understanding of tax accounting principles and regulations across various jurisdictions, staying updated on the latest developments and best practices.
- Apply your knowledge of SaaS/cloud computing tax issues to ensure compliance and effective tax management within the software industry.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in taxation or accounting.
- CPA certification is preferred.
- A minimum of 12 years of related experience in tax, with progressively increasing levels of responsibility.
- Expertise in US tax regulations for foreign operations and experience with global tax matters.
- Demonstrated leadership experience in planning and executing comprehensive tax strategies.
- Strong knowledge of tax accounting principles and regulations in various jurisdictions.
- Familiarity with SaaS/cloud computing tax issues and treatments.
Join us at project44, where you can make a lasting impact and drive the future of our global tax strategy!
Diversity & Inclusion:
At project44, we're designing the future of how the world moves and is connected through trade and global supply chains. As we work to deliver a truly world-class product and experience, we are also intentionally building teams that reflect the unique communities we serve. We’re focused on creating a company where all team members can bring their authentic selves to work every day.
We’re building a company that every one of us at project44 is proud to work for, and our journey of becoming a more diverse, equitable and inclusive organization, where all have a sense of belonging, is shaped through the actions of our leadership, global teams and individual team members. We are resolute in our belief that each team member has an equal responsibility to mold and uphold our culture.
project44 is an equal opportunity employer seeking to enrich our work environment by creating opportunities for individuals of all backgrounds and experiences to thrive. If you share our values and our passion for helping the way the world moves, we’d love to review your application!
For any accommodation needed during the hiring process, please email email@example.com. Even if you don’t meet 100% of the above job description you should still seriously consider applying. Studies show that you can still be considered for a role if you meet just 50% of the role’s requirements.
More about project44:
Since 2014, project44 has been transforming the way one of the largest, most important global industries does business. As transportation and logistics continue to evolve and customer expectations around delivery become more demanding, industry technology must rise to the occasion. In just a few short years, we have created a digital infrastructure that eliminates the inefficiencies caused by dated technology and manual processes. Our Advanced Visibility Platform is used by the world’s leading brands to track shipments, collaborate with supply chain partners, drive operational efficiencies, and create outstanding customer experiences.