At project44 we’re on a mission - to make supply chains work.
project44 optimizes the movement of products globally, delivering better resiliency, sustainability, and value for our customers. As the supply chain connective tissue, we operate the most trusted end-to-end visibility platform that tracks more than 1 billion shipments annually for the world’s leading brands. The undisputed leader in the market, project44 was named the Leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant, #1 in FreightWaves’ FreightTech 25, and the Customer’s Choice in Gartner Peer Insights’ Voice of the Customer report. project44 is headquartered in Chicago with a diverse and fast-growing, global workforce.
If you’re eager to be part of a winning team that works together to solve some of the most challenging supply chain challenges every day, let’s talk.
project44 is looking for a Software Engineer - Backend to join our engineering team. You will work in a fast-paced Agile environment designing, building, and implementing best-in-class products for our customers around the world.
What we look for:
- 1 to 3 years working with Python(Preferred)/ Java/GoLang as a programming language. Experience with SQL queries will be a plus.
- Building systems in a multi-cloud environment. We use AWS & GCP but value experience in other cloud environments such as Azure
- Creating large scale micro-services (preferably leveraging Java, Spring Boot and the Spring portfolio)
- Creating API's/web services: REST, OpenAPI/Swagger, etc.
- Container-orchestration: Docker & Kubernetes
- Enjoy database related work: DynamoDB, MongoDB, Postgres, Snowflake
- Real-time or near real-time streaming work in Kafka or another similar technology
- Analytical approach to problem solving
- Personal drive and maintaining a high pace - while taking responsibility for things working
- Willingness to vocalize your ideas and pick yourself up if you get knocked down
- Don't have everything listed? No problem! We'd still like to hear from you
Diversity & Inclusion
At project44, we're designing the future of how the world moves and is connected through trade and global supply chains. As we work to deliver a truly world-class product and experience, we are also intentionally building teams that reflect the unique communities we serve. We’re focused on creating a company where all team members can bring their authentic selves to work every day.
We’re building a company that every one of us at project44 is proud to work for, and our journey of becoming a more diverse, equitable and inclusive organization, where all have a sense of belonging, is shaped through the actions of our leadership, global teams and individual team members. We are resolute in our belief that each team member has an equal responsibility to mold and uphold our culture.
project44 is an equal opportunity employer seeking to enrich our work environment by creating opportunities for individuals of all backgrounds and experiences to thrive. If you share our values and our passion for helping the way the world moves, we’d love to review your application!
For any needed accommodations during the hiring process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Even if you don’t meet 100% of the above job description you should still seriously consider applying. Studies show that you can still be considered for a role if you meet just 50% of the role’s requirements.
Since 2014, project44 has been transforming the way one of the largest, most important global industries does business. As transportation and logistics continues to evolve and customer expectations around delivery become more demanding, industry technology must rise to the occasion. In just a few short years, we’ve created a digital infrastructure that eliminates the inefficiencies caused by dated technology and manual processes. Our Advanced Visibility Platform is used by the world’s leading brands to track shipments, collaborate with supply chain partners, drive operational efficiencies, and create outstanding customer experiences.