At project44 we’re on a mission - to make supply chains work.
project44 optimizes the movement of products globally, delivering better resiliency, sustainability, and value for our customers. As the supply chain connective tissue, we operate the most trusted end-to-end visibility platform that tracks more than 1 billion shipments annually for the world’s leading brands. The undisputed leader in the market, project44 was named the Leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant, #1 in FreightWaves’ FreightTech 25, and the Customer’s Choice in Gartner Peer Insights’ Voice of the Customer report. project44 is headquartered in Chicago with a diverse and fast-growing, global workforce.
If you’re eager to be part of a winning team that works together to solve some of the most challenging supply chain challenges every day, let’s talk.
Head of Internal Communications
Internal communication plays an integral role in accelerating project44’s growth. A communicator is a leader with exceptional creativity; has an entrepreneurial spirit with a disciplined approach; and is an innovator that can adapt and evolve to the needs of our business. The Head of Internal Communications should have expert interpersonal skills, highly developed emotional intelligence and the flexibility to navigate ambiguity to produce critical outcomes. In this role, you’ll be responsible for:
- Leading the creation and execution of internal communications, including compiling and distributing weekly internal emails from our leadership team, brand and employer advocacy videos, organizational announcements, and more.
- Leading the development of communication plans tied to overall organizational growth priorities; ensuring internal communications are aligned and consistent with business and growth strategies.
- Partnering with executive and senior leadership team and HR to develop the internal communications strategy, business narrative and editorial calendar, including business priorities and messaging themes that support HR, DE&I and recruiting functions.
- Leading the execution of key internal business meetings including monthly Town Halls, roundtables, focus groups, culture events, and more.
- Creating and implementing a robust employee engagement strategy to keep a global team connected and informed.
- Using available channels and/or creating new ones to improve employee engagement and internal brand advocacy.
- Mining for storytelling opportunities, then crafting and sharing those for both internal and external audiences across channels.
- Maintaining project44’s brand image on employee engagement sites like Glassdoor and LinkedIn.
- Acting as the owner and administrator of our internal communications platform, Runway (Haystack), and keeping employee access, announcements, and information up to date.
- Partnering with PR and external communications to ensure that we are in lockstep, as a dotted line to the Marketing/Comms team.
Diversity & Inclusion:
At project44, we're designing the future of how the world moves and is connected through trade and global supply chains. As we work to deliver a truly world-class product and experience, we are also intentionally building teams that reflect the unique communities we serve. We’re focused on creating a company where all team members can bring their authentic selves to work every day.
We’re building a company that every one of us at project44 is proud to work for, and our journey of becoming a more diverse, equitable and inclusive organization, where all have a sense of belonging, is shaped through the actions of our leadership, global teams and individual team members. We are resolute in our belief that each team member has an equal responsibility to mold and uphold our culture.
project44 is an equal opportunity employer seeking to enrich our work environment by creating opportunities for individuals of all backgrounds and experiences to thrive. If you share our values and our passion for helping the way the world moves, we’d love to review your application!
For any accommodation needed during the hiring process, please email email@example.com. Even if you don’t meet 100% of the above job description you should still seriously consider applying. Studies show that you can still be considered for a role if you meet just 50% of the role’s requirements.
More about project44:
Since 2014, project44 has been transforming the way one of the largest, most important global industries does business. As transportation and logistics continue to evolve and customer expectations around delivery become more demanding, industry technology must rise to the occasion. In just a few short years, we have created a digital infrastructure that eliminates the inefficiencies caused by dated technology and manual processes. Our Advanced Visibility Platform is used by the world’s leading brands to track shipments, collaborate with supply chain partners, drive operational efficiencies, and create outstanding customer experiences.
A candidate will be asked to conduct a pre-employment criminal background screening test as a standard routine to minimize moral & integrity risks among our staff and to ensure Project44 is compliant with its internal pre-employment screening policy and SOC 2, Sarbanes Oxley Act and ISO 27001 compliance. We will only ask you to conduct a criminal background check when we believe it is proportionate to the role that you will fulfil within your team and/or department A criminal back ground check will be facilitated by our third party vendor Accurate who will assist you to get the appropriate documents from authorities in the country where you will be employed. Depending on the country where you will be employed your local authority will provide a Certificate of Conduct or similar document upon your request. If there are any costs related to screening, these will be borne by Project44. When our vendor Accurate will reach out to, you will be asked for your consent. We would like to emphasize that at all time you can decide to withdraw from the application process and/or to withdraw the consent to perform a screening test.