At project44, we are focused on building and scaling Data Science & Analytics teams through effective leadership. In this critical role, you will have the opportunity to build a deep understanding of the supply chain domain and collaborate closely with cross-functional leadership to develop a robust data science strategy. Your expertise in leading high-performing teams through ambiguity will be vital in driving innovation and achieving excellence. To maintain a high bar for product thinking and analytical depth, we are seeking a candidate who can strategically hire and mentor exceptional talent. With your technical background and ability to dive into the intricate details of technologies built by our Engineering and Data Science teams, you will play a pivotal role in fostering cross-functional relationships and collaboration with our product and engineering teams.
project44 optimizes the movement of products globally, delivering better resiliency, sustainability, and value for our customers. As the supply chain connective tissue, we operate the most trusted end-to-end visibility platform that tracks more than 1 billion shipments annually for the world’s leading brands. The undisputed leader in the market, project44 was named the Leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant, #1 in FreightWaves’ Freight Tech 25, and the Customer’s Choice in Gartner Peer Insights’ Voice of the Customer report. project44 is headquartered in Chicago with a diverse and fast-growing, global workforce.
- Building and scaling Data Science & Analytics teams through managers
- Build an understanding of the supply chain domain and develop a data science strategy in partnership with cross functional leadership.
- Strong track record leading a high performing team through ambiguity.
- Maintain a high bar in terms of product thinking and analytical depth for your team through selective hiring and mentorship.
- Technical background and ability to dive into details of technologies built by Engineering and Data Science teams.
- Lead cross-functional and cross-team relationship building and collaboration with product and engineering teams.
- 7+ years experience managing a team of analysts, data scientists.
- 7+ years of experience doing quantitative analysis.
- 7+years of work experience managing analytics teams, working collaboratively with
- Engineering and cross-functional partners, and guiding data-influenced product planning, prioritization and strategy development.
- Experience in cross-functional partnership among teams of Engineering, Design, PM, Data Engineering.
- Experience initiating and driving projects to completion autonomously.
- Experience and track record influencing cross org decisions/successful virtual teams.
Diversity & Inclusion
We're designing the future of how the world moves and is connected through trade and global supply chains. We can only deliver a truly world-class product and experience if our teams are as diverse and unique communities we are building for. So it's up to us to create a company where anyone can bring their authentic self to work everyday. We're constantly working to improve, and we accept our responsibility to elevate the voices left in the margins. It's on every one of us.
Our focus on inclusion manifests in the way we hire, the customers we serve, and the regions we prioritize. We're building a company that every one of us at project44 is proud to work for: a company that celebrates you for being you.
We pride ourselves on celebrating everyone — project44 is an equal opportunity employer actively working on creating a diverse and inclusive work environment where underrepresented groups can thrive. If you share our values and our passion for helping the way the world moves, we’d love to review your application!
For any needed accommodations during the hiring process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Even if you don’t meet 100% of the above qualifications, you should still seriously consider applying. Studies show that you can still be considered for a role if you meet just 50% of the role’s requirements.
Since 2014, project44 has been transforming the way one of the largest, most important global industries does business. As transportation and logistics continues to evolve and customer expectations around delivery become more demanding, industry technology must rise to the occasion. In just a few short years, we’ve created a digital infrastructure that eliminates the inefficiencies caused by dated technology and manual processes. Our Advanced Visibility Platform is used by the world’s leading brands to track shipments, collaborate with supply chain partners, drive operational efficiencies, and create outstanding customer experiences.