At project44 we’re on a mission - to make supply chains work.
project44 optimizes the movement of products globally, delivering better resiliency, sustainability, and value for our customers. As the supply chain connective tissue, we operate the most trusted end-to-end visibility platform that tracks more than 1 billion shipments annually for the world’s leading brands. The undisputed leader in the market, project44 was named the Leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant, #1 in FreightWaves’ FreightTech 25, and the Customer’s Choice in Gartner Peer Insights’ Voice of the Customer report. project44 is headquartered in Chicago with a diverse and fast-growing, global workforce.
If you’re eager to be part of a winning team that works together to solve some of the most challenging supply chain challenges every day, let’s talk.
About the role
project44 is looking for a Strategy & Operations Manager in our growing Global Operations team. This position will become entrenched in the strategic goals of the department they support and help to pinpoint operational inefficiencies and success blockers to those goals. This role is a key partner responsible for discovering opportunities for optimization and supporting leaders drive execution to close operational gaps. Through the development of tools, processes, data and playbooks, this role will enable p44’s leaders to drive business success and financial results. This is a high-impact, high-visibility role requiring frequent interaction, collaboration, and challenge of executives and senior leaders within the company. The ideal candidate will combine hard-core operational rigor and a passion for driving customer value and optimization. The role reports to the Sr Director, Global Strategy & Operations.
- Gather operational insights through frequent participation in, and questioning of, departmental meetings, reviews, presentations and project engagements.
- Develop standard operating procedures and playbooks in close collaboration with department stakeholders.
- Assist leaders in developing process/playbook enablement/rollout plans; facilitate and coach against playbooks where required.
- Advise on the development and vetting of robust key performance metrics for the business.
- Run data analysis and develop reporting standards for operational digestion; drive weekly forecasting calls.
- Deliver data insights to leaders, informing key strategic planning decisions.
- Recommend both tactical and strategic process and deployment enhancements through deep engagement with the business, supported by data.
- Routinely draw attention to inefficiencies and success blockers across the department; seek opportunities to drive performance accountability in process and policy recommendations.
- Help leaders define strategic business planning
- Support the development and maintenance of tools in the field
Requirements and preferred skills:
- Bachelor’s degree required; computer science focus preferred.
- 3-5 years of experience in operations, strategy, or analytics; experience in fast growth software companies preferred
- Advanced Excel skills required; Tableau, Lookr and Salesforce experience a plus.
- Highly analytical capabilities with the ability to synthesize and transform insights into action
- Deep understanding of value drivers in recurring revenue business models
- Proven experience in driving execution beyond strategic thinking
- Passion for (re)designing, deploying and optimizing processes
- Ability to thrive in heavily cross-functional situations managing through influence, persuasion, negotiation, and consensus-building
- Demonstrated desire for continuous and rapid learning and improvement
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
Diversity & Inclusion
We're designing the future of how the world moves and is connected through trade and global supply chains. We can only deliver a truly world-class product and experience if our teams are as diverse and unique communities we are building for. So it's up to us to create a company where anyone can bring their authentic self to work everyday. We're constantly working to improve, and we accept our responsibility to elevate the voices left in the margins. It's on every one of us.
Our focus on inclusion manifests in the way we hire, the customers we serve, and the regions we prioritize. We're building a company that every one of us at project44 is proud to work for: a company that celebrates you for being you.
We pride ourselves on celebrating everyone — project44 is an equal opportunity employer actively working on creating a diverse and inclusive work environment where underrepresented groups can thrive. If you share our values and our passion for helping the way the world moves, we’d love to review your application!
For any needed accommodations during the hiring process, please email email@example.com. Even if you don’t meet 100% of the above qualifications, you should still seriously consider applying. Studies show that you can still be considered for a role if you meet just 50% of the role’s requirements.
More about project44
Since 2014, project44 has been transforming the way one of the largest, most important global industries does business. As transportation and logistics continues to evolve and customer expectations around delivery become more demanding, industry technology must rise to the occasion. In just a few short years, we’ve created a digital infrastructure that eliminates the inefficiencies caused by dated technology and manual processes. Our Advanced Visibility Platform is used by the world’s leading brands to track shipments, collaborate with supply chain partners, drive operational efficiencies, and create outstanding customer experiences.