At project44 we’re on a mission - to make supply chains work.
project44 optimizes the movement of products globally, delivering better resiliency, sustainability, and value for our customers. As the supply chain connective tissue, we operate the most trusted end-to-end visibility platform that tracks more than 1 billion shipments annually for the world’s leading brands. The undisputed leader in the market, project44 was named the Leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant, #1 in FreightWaves’ FreightTech 25, and the Customer’s Choice in Gartner Peer Insights’ Voice of the Customer report. project44 is headquartered in Chicago with a diverse and fast-growing, global workforce.
If you’re eager to be part of a winning team that works together to solve some of the most challenging supply chain challenges every day, let’s talk.
Global Revenue Accounting Leader
- Oversee and review the revenue close process to ensure timely and accurate reporting in accordance with US GAAP and SOX requirements
- Serve as a subject matter expert on revenue accounting and collaborate with FP&A, Legal, Product, Sales and Revenue Operations to provide guidance on technical accounting, policy and process
- Provide research, guidance, drafting and/or review of technical revenue accounting memos
- Develop and update revenue recognition policies and procedures
- Maintain supporting working papers, reconciliations and other schedules for all relevant GL accounts
- Ensure global compliance with Company sales contracting policies as they impact US GAAP revenue recognition
- Drive cross-team process and system improvements towards best-in-class efficiency and incorporating industry best practices
- Work closely with the Company’s external auditors on revenue recognition and related controls and manage quarterly and annual audit requirements
- Assist in the preparation and review of revenue disclosures for external financial reporting to ensure compliance with GAAP and SEC reporting requirements
- Partner with Legal, Sales, Product, Revenue Operations, FP&A and the Center of Excellence to drive cross-functional OTC initiatives by providing revenue recognition requirements and implications
- Application and integration of revenue recognition to acquired companies
- Provide strong leadership, direction, mentoring and development to the revenue recognition team
- Planning, coordination and execution of revenue-related projects to support company IPO readiness initiatives
- 7+ years of accounting and revenue recognition experience
- 3+ years of people management experience
- Excellent knowledge of ASC 606
- Experience driving revenue recognition and scaling accounting processes in a high-growth environment
- Detailed knowledge of relevant revenue accounting guidance under ASC 606 relating to software companies
- Ability to analyze problems, develop/recommend solutions, and resolve complex revenue accounting issues
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high growth environment
- Ability to work on and prioritize multiple projects while meeting goals and deadlines
- Strategic thinker with strong leadership skills and ability to drive change
Diversity & Inclusion
We're designing the future of how the world moves and is connected through trade and global supply chains. We can only deliver a truly world-class product and experience if our teams are as diverse and unique communities we are building for. So it's up to us to create a company where anyone can bring their authentic self to work everyday. We're constantly working to improve, and we accept our responsibility to elevate the voices left in the margins. It's on every one of us.
Our focus on inclusion manifests in the way we hire, the customers we serve, and the regions we prioritize. We're building a company that every one of us at project44 is proud to work for: a company that celebrates you for being you.
We pride ourselves on celebrating everyone — project44 is an equal opportunity employer actively working on creating a diverse and inclusive work environment where underrepresented groups can thrive. If you share our values and our passion for helping the way the world moves, we’d love to review your application!
For any needed accommodations during the hiring process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Even if you don’t meet 100% of the above qualifications, you should still seriously consider applying. Studies show that you can still be considered for a role if you meet just 50% of the role’s requirements.
More about project44
Since 2014, project44 has been transforming the way one of the largest, most important global industries does business. As transportation and logistics continues to evolve and customer expectations around delivery become more demanding, industry technology must rise to the occasion. In just a few short years, we’ve created a digital infrastructure that eliminates the inefficiencies caused by dated technology and manual processes. Our Advanced Visibility Platform is used by the world’s leading brands to track shipments, collaborate with supply chain partners, drive operational efficiencies, and create outstanding customer experiences.