At project44 we’re on a mission - to make supply chains work.
project44 optimizes the movement of products globally, delivering better resiliency, sustainability, and value for our customers. As the supply chain connective tissue, we operate the most trusted end-to-end visibility platform that tracks more than 1 billion shipments annually for the world’s leading brands. The undisputed leader in the market, project44 was named the Leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant, #1 in FreightWaves’ FreightTech 25, and the Customer’s Choice in Gartner Peer Insights’ Voice of the Customer report. project44 is headquartered in Chicago with a diverse and fast-growing, global workforce.
If you’re eager to be part of a winning team that works together to solve some of the most challenging supply chain challenges every day, let’s talk.
Your role in 30 seconds
Software architectures, system concepts and the programmatic implementation make your heart beat faster? You want to change the way rail and barge shipments are tracked reliably? At project44, take on responsibility as part of a committed and technology-enthusiastic team and directly support the development of our core rail and barge platform. The data sources must be connected and monitored, the API must process all requests reliably and quickly, the platform must be able to handle more than 1,000 business customers around the world with large volumes - this and other software engineering challenges await you every day.
- Self-determined work in the engineering team
- Building systems in a multi-cloud environment. We use AWS & GCP but value experience in other cloud environments such as Azure
- Design and implement front end web applications using Angular.
- Conception and implementation of core features including their alignment in the architecture
- Willingness to vocalize your ideas and pick yourself up if you get knocked down
- You will assume on-call responsibilities for systems that are built and owned by your team. If local regulations require – we will compensate you for the duration of on-call.
- You will invest in tools, monitoring and automation to improve on-call experience for everyone on your team.
- BS degree or equivalent in a related discipline (CS, Eng, etc.) OR equivalent professional experience
- 1+ years professional experiences building large scale and real time or near real time cloud systems
- Experience in
- Java script
- In agile software development,
- The development of complex software systems
- Desirable and helpful (but not necessary) are experience in
- Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Google Cloud Platform (GCP),
- Java Spring,
- the Atlassian Toolchain,
- Logistics and digital solutions
- Willing to learn, experiment, and think creatively
- Effective English communication skills: verbal and written
- Diverse, creative activities
- A responsible task with plenty of scope for creativity
- A high-performance, highly motivated and technology-enthusiastic team
- Team events
- Flexibility in working time and location
- Dedicated time-outs for continuous training
- Daily kicker or table tennis with the team
Diversity & Inclusion
At project44, we're designing the future of how the world moves and is connected through trade and global supply chains. As we work to deliver a truly world-class product and experience, we are also intentionally building teams that reflect the unique communities we serve. We’re focused on creating a company where all team members can bring their authentic selves to work every day.
We’re building a company that every one of us at project44 is proud to work for, and our journey of becoming a more diverse, equitable and inclusive organization, where all have a sense of belonging, is shaped through the actions of our leadership, global teams and individual team members. We are resolute in our belief that each team member has an equal responsibility to mold and uphold our culture.
project44 is an equal opportunity employer seeking to enrich our work environment by creating opportunities for individuals of all backgrounds and experiences to thrive. If you share our values and our passion for helping the way the world moves, we’d love to review your application!
For any needed accommodations during the hiring process, please email email@example.com. Even if you don’t meet 100% of the above job description you should still seriously consider applying. Studies show that you can still be considered for a role if you meet just 50% of the role’s requirements.
More about project44
Since 2014, project44 has been transforming the way one of the largest, most important global industries does business. As transportation and logistics continue to evolve and customer expectations around delivery become more demanding, industry technology must rise to the occasion. In just a few short years, we have created a digital infrastructure that eliminates the inefficiencies caused by dated technology and manual processes. Our Advanced Visibility Platform is used by the world’s leading brands to track shipments, collaborate with supply chain partners, drive operational efficiencies, and create outstanding customer experiences.