Our mission is to usher in a new era of trust and predictability to transportation and logistics, but there is still a lot of work to be done. The industry is massive, as is the opportunity. We are looking for bright, ambitious individuals to join our growing global team and help us enable a more productive and successful world. We are changing the way the world ships, and we are looking for you to help us get there.
Do you have a track record of building both internal and external-facing software services in a fast-paced environment? Are you passionate about introducing disruptive and innovative software solutions for the $1T shipping and logistics industry? Are you ready to deliver immediate impact with the software you create?
We’re looking for frontend software engineers like you to become key members of our product development organization. Because you are curious and driven, you’ll naturally explore how to build UI-focused features that drive customer value and impact along the way. Because you value a sense of community and shared commitment, you’ll collaborate closely with others to ship software that delights our customers. Are you up for the challenge?
Who You Are
- You have 5+ years of software development experience
- You pay attention to details, and love writing beautiful, well-designed and tested code that can stand the test of time
- You’ve built high-quality software, solved technical problems at scale and believe in shipping software iteratively and often
- You’ve owned a project from concept to production including the design and execution phases
- You consider the effect of your work across multiple teams and proactively manage potential issues
- You build experiences for users that span their many devices and intents
- You have a thorough understanding of scripting in the DOM and the tradeoffs with frameworks
- You have solid engineering fundamentals
- You have a delivery-oriented mindset, with a focus on quality and testing
What You'll Do
- Build compelling and modular user interfaces for our software products
- Build Queries and APIs that power modern Analytics Experiences in our flagship application
- Define reusable patterns that encourage and inspire your teammates to contribute UI code alongside you
- Craft, deploy and support performant production software on GCP
- Share ownership of all facets of software delivery, including development, operations, and test
- Be a positive role model and mentor for junior developers in all areas of code health
- You’ll work alongside other engineers on product teams to build and improve Analytics experiences
- Evaluate front-end technologies and contribute to decision-making conversations about applying them to your team’s product
- MUST be located in the Austin or Chicago
- You will assume on-call responsibilities for systems that are built and owned by your team. If local regulations require – we will compensate you for the duration of on-call
- You will invest in tools, monitoring and automation to improve on-call experience for everyone on your team
Tech We Use
- Our application stack runs entirely in Docker containers hosted in Kubernetes – frontend and backend
- Our infrastructure is on GCP and uses managed services whenever possible.
- Python for tooling and data science
- Snowflake is our Analytics database of choice
Diversity & Inclusion
We are designing the future of how the world moves and is connected through trade and global supply chains. We can only deliver a truly world-class product and experience if our teams are as diverse and unique communities we are building for. It is up to us to create a company where anyone can bring their authentic self to work every day. We are constantly working to improve, and we accept our responsibility to elevate the voices left in the margins. It is on every one of us.
Our focus on inclusion manifests in the way we hire, the customers we serve, and the regions we prioritize. We are building a company that every one of us at project44 is proud to work for: a company that celebrates you for being you.
We pride ourselves on celebrating everyone — project44 is an equal opportunity employer actively working on creating a diverse and inclusive work environment where underrepresented groups can thrive. If you share our values and our passion for helping the way the world moves, we would love to review your application!
Even if you do not meet 100% of the above qualifications, you should still seriously consider applying. Studies show that you can still be considered for a role if you meet just 50% of the role’s requirements.
More about project44
Since 2014, project44 has been transforming the way one of the largest, most important global industries does business. As transportation and logistics continue to evolve and customer expectations around delivery become more demanding, industry technology must rise to the occasion. In just a few short years, we’ve created a digital infrastructure that eliminates the inefficiencies caused by dated technology and manual processes. Our Advanced Visibility Platform is used by the world’s leading brands to track shipments, collaborate with supply chain partners, drive operational efficiencies, and create outstanding customer experiences.