At project44 we’re on a mission - to make supply chains work.
project44 optimizes the movement of products globally, delivering better resiliency, sustainability, and value for our customers. As the supply chain connective tissue, we operate the most trusted end-to-end visibility platform that tracks more than 1 billion shipments annually for the world’s leading brands. The undisputed leader in the market, project44 was named the Leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant, #1 in FreightWaves’ FreightTech 25, and the Customer’s Choice in Gartner Peer Insights’ Voice of the Customer report. project44 is headquartered in Chicago with a diverse and fast-growing, global workforce.
If you’re eager to be part of a winning team that works together to solve some of the most challenging supply chain challenges every day, let’s talk.
Your role in 30 seconds
You love software engineering and enjoy working in a small and enthusiastic team inside a global software company? You want to help making the air transportation world highly transparent to ease daily life for everyone involved in transportation from start to end? Join the p44 Air tracking team and take on responsibility as part of a committed and technology-enthusiastic team and directly support the development of our core air platform. Air product usage will heavily scale up in the near-term future, reliable and quick processing of all requests is essential for handling more than 1,000 business customers with large volumes around the world - this and other software engineering challenges await you every day.
- Self-determined work in the engineering team
- Building systems in GCP cloud environment but value experience in other cloud environments such as AWS and Azure as well
- Design and implement secure and scalable Java based micro-services leveraging frameworks such as Spring Boot utilizing latest microservices architecture
- Development and improvement of algorithms for P44 core air solutions
- Conception and implementation of core features including their alignment in the architecture
- Enjoy working on database schema and implementation such as Postgres
- Willingness to vocalize your ideas and pick yourself up if you get knocked down
- You will assume on-call responsibilities for systems that are built and owned by your team. If local regulations require – we will compensate you for the duration of on-call.
- You will invest in tools, monitoring and automation to improve on-call experience for everyone on your team.
- BS degree or equivalent in a related discipline (CS, Eng, etc.) OR equivalent professional experience
- 5+ years professional experiences building large scale and real time or near real time cloud systems
- Experience in
- Java (or other Object-Oriented programming languages)
- Working with databases (preferably Postgres)
- Event stores and stream-processing (preferably Kafka)
- in agile software development
- the development of complex software systems
- Desirable and helpful (but not necessary) are experience in
- Google Cloud Platform (GCP)
- Java Spring,
- the Atlassian Toolchain,
- Logistics and digital solutions
- Willing to learn, experiment, and think creatively
- Effective English communication skills: verbal and written
- Diverse, creative activities
- A responsible task with plenty of scope for creativity
- Be part of something big – air is only one of many transportation modes covered by p44
- A high-performance, highly motivated and technology-enthusiastic team
- Team events
- Flexibility in working time and location
- Dedicated time-outs for continuous training
- Daily kicker or table tennis with the team
Diversity & Inclusion
At project44, we're designing the future of how the world moves and is connected through trade and global supply chains. As we work to deliver a truly world-class product and experience, we are also intentionally building teams that reflect the unique communities we serve. We’re focused on creating a company where all team members can bring their authentic selves to work every day.
We’re building a company that every one of us at project44 is proud to work for, and our journey of becoming a more diverse, equitable and inclusive organization, where all have a sense of belonging, is shaped through the actions of our leadership, global teams and individual team members. We are resolute in our belief that each team member has an equal responsibility to mold and uphold our culture.
project44 is an equal opportunity employer seeking to enrich our work environment by creating opportunities for individuals of all backgrounds and experiences to thrive. If you share our values and our passion for helping the way the world moves, we’d love to review your application!
For any needed accommodations during the hiring process, please email email@example.com. Even if you don’t meet 100% of the above job description you should still seriously consider applying. Studies show that you can still be considered for a role if you meet just 50% of the role’s requirements.
Since 2014, project44 has been transforming the way one of the largest, most important global industries does business. As transportation and logistics continues to evolve and customer expectations around delivery become more demanding, industry technology must rise to the occasion. In just a few short years, we’ve created a digital infrastructure that eliminates the inefficiencies caused by dated technology and manual processes. Our Advanced Visibility Platform is used by the world’s leading brands to track shipments, collaborate with supply chain partners, drive operational efficiencies, and create outstanding customer experiences.
A candidate will be asked to conduct a pre-employment criminal back ground screening test as a standard routine to minimize moral & integrity risks among our staff and to ensure Project44 is compliant with its internal pre-employment screening policy and SOC 2, Sarbanes Oxley Act and ISO 27001 compliance. We will only ask you to conduct a criminal background check when we believe it is proportionate to the role that you will fulfil within your team and/or department A criminal back ground check will be facilitated by our third party vendor Accurate who will assist you to get the appropriate documents from authorities in the country where you will be employed. Depending on the country where you will be employed your local authority will provide a Certificate of Conduct or similar document upon your request. If there are any costs related to screening, these will be borne by Project44. When our vendor Accurate will reach out to, you will be asked for your consent. We would like to emphasize that at all time you can decide to withdraw from the application process and/or to withdraw the consent to perform a screening test.