At project44 we’re on a mission - to make supply chains work.
project44 optimizes the movement of products globally, delivering better resiliency, sustainability, and value for our customers. As the supply chain connective tissue, we operate the most trusted end-to-end visibility platform that tracks more than 1 billion shipments annually for the world’s leading brands. The undisputed leader in the market, project44 was named the Leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant, #1 in FreightWaves’ FreightTech 25, and the Customer’s Choice in Gartner Peer Insights’ Voice of the Customer report. project44 is headquartered in Chicago with a diverse and fast-growing, global workforce.
If you’re eager to be part of a winning team that works together to solve some of the most challenging supply chain challenges every day, let’s talk.
About the Role
This role reports into the Global Controller, is located in Cracow, Poland and is primarily responsible for ensuring timely preparation, accuracy and integrity of financial activity outside the US.
This position will be a key contributor in p44’s business and close process as it relates to our Global organization structure including consolidations and in the expansion of our international business. Additional responsibilities will include overseeing the Accounting Shared Services Center, key accounting cycles in developed and expansion markets, management over intercompany activity, management over account reconciliations, completion of US GAAP and statutory accounting and reporting and other operational support over non-US subsidiaries. The candidate must have strong organization and communication skills, be and organized thinker and have the ability to coordinate activities and projects in a multinational context across locations.
- Month-end US GAAP and statutory close and reporting management and coordination of
activities for legal entities across the globe.
- Oversight of the preparation and review of journal entries and month-end
- Management over key global processes and cycles via Shared Services Center in
Cracow, Poland and in other locations (e.g. Rostock, Germany).
- Implementation of processes to support Transfer Pricing policies and intercompany
- Identifies and drives improvements in processes or policies, identifies accounting or
operational issues and assist others as necessary resolving issues.
- Supports the budgeting and analysis team with acquiring information and preparing any
needed information for performance analysis and results follow-up for non-US locations.
- Supports local management as needed
- Assists local auditors in annual audits for statutory and financial reporting purposes.
Critical Job Requirements
- 8-12 years’ relevant experience with financial accounting close and reporting including GL closing, journal entries, foreign currency accounting, transfer pricing and intercompany accounts.
- Demonstrated awareness of the challenges and topics associated with setting up and administering foreign operations from a multinational organization perspective.
- Experience with legal entity accounting and intercompany transactions.
- Bachelors/Master’s Degree in Accounting or Finance, or international equivalent.
- CPA, Chartered Accountant or international equivalent.
- Experience working with multiple currencies and FX transactions.
- Experience managing teams and global processes
- Knowledge of and experience with supporting centers of excellence or service centers
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
- Comfortable working in a high-growth, fast paced environment with the ability to work extended hours as needed to meet with US colleagues and other stakeholders in P44 offices globally across multiple time zones.
- An inquisitive and mature mindset will be beneficial in this role. Being able to get to the detail but also being able to step back from the detail and analyze the bigger picture will be key to developing your career in this space.
- Ability to multi-task and set priorities.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently, manage, and prioritize various responsibilities
- Strong systems skills, comfort with new systems (Netsuite, Microsoft suite of applications). Not afraid to learn and manage new systems
Diversity & Inclusion
At project44, we're designing the future of how the world moves and is connected through trade and global supply chains. As we work to deliver a truly world-class product and experience, we are also intentionally building teams that reflect the unique communities we serve. We’re focused on creating a company where all team members can bring their authentic selves to work every day.
We’re building a company that every one of us at project44 is proud to work for, and our journey of becoming a more diverse, equitable and inclusive organization, where all have a sense of belonging, is shaped through the actions of our leadership, global teams and individual team members. We are resolute in our belief that each team member has an equal responsibility to mold and uphold our culture.
project44 is an equal opportunity employer seeking to enrich our work environment by creating opportunities for individuals of all backgrounds and experiences to thrive. If you share our values and our passion for helping the way the world moves, we’d love to review your application!
For any needed accommodations during the hiring process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Even if you don’t meet 100% of the above job description you should still seriously consider applying. Studies show that you can still be considered for a role if you meet just 50% of the role’s requirements.
More about project44
Since 2014, project44 has been transforming the way one of the largest, most important global industries does business. As transportation and logistics continues to evolve and customer expectations around delivery become more demanding, industry technology must rise to the occasion. In just a few short years, we’ve created a digital infrastructure that eliminates the inefficiencies caused by dated technology and manual processes. Our Advanced Visibility Platform is used by the world’s leading brands to track shipments, collaborate with supply chain partners, drive operational efficiencies, and create outstanding customer experiences.
A candidate will be asked to conduct a pre-employment criminal back ground screening test as a standard routine to minimize moral & integrity risks among our staff and to ensure Project44 is compliant with its internal pre-employment screening policy and SOC 2, Sarbanes Oxley Act and ISO 27001 compliance. We will only ask you to conduct a criminal background check when we believe it is proportionate to the role that you will fulfil within your team and/or department A criminal back ground check will be facilitated by our third party vendor Accurate who will assist you to get the appropriate documents from authorities in the country where you will be employed. Depending on the country where you will be employed your local authority will provide a Certificate of Conduct or similar document upon your request. If there are any costs related to screening, these will be borne by Project44. When our vendor Accurate will reach out to, you will be asked for your consent. We would like to emphasize that at all time you can decide to withdraw from the application process and/or to withdraw the consent to perform a screening test.