At project44 we’re on a mission - to make supply chains work. Project44 optimizes the movement of products globally, delivering better resiliency, sustainability, and value for our customers. As the supply chain connective tissue, we operate the most trusted end-to-end visibility platform that tracks more than 1 billion shipments annually for the world’s leading brands. The undisputed leader in the market, project44 was named the Leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant, #1 in FreightWaves’ FreightTech 25, and the Customer’s Choice in Gartner Peer Insights’ Voice of the Customer report. Project44 is headquartered in Chicago with a diverse and fast-growing, global workforce.
If you’re eager to be part of a winning team that works together to solve some of the most challenging supply chain challenges every day, let’s talk.
project44 is looking for a Senior Director of Engineering Visibility Applications with a proven track record that can bring the passion, work ethic and expertise needed to lead a strong Engineering team at a fast-growing tech startup. This is a senior leadership role focused on scaling the organization and practices and delivering best-in-class functionality and usability, with high quality, at a competitive velocity, managing direct reports and driving agile product delivery across multiple teams. The group includes teams that are responsible for both front-end and backend components for our Visibility SaaS services and partners closely with Product Management.
- Promote technical innovation and execution excellence to accelerate API adoption and visibility in the global supply chain industry
- Build software solutions which meet and exceed operating targets of reliability and performance with global customers and integration partners.
- Attract, develop and retain a high performing team, offering ongoing feedback, professional growth opportunities, and overall career guidance
- Employ agile based development methodologies, and introduce new modes of development practices aligned with changing business priorities and roadmaps
- Closely partner with product and business teams to influence product decisions, roadmaps and provide subject matter expertise
- Collaborate with product on prioritization and scheduling of product and engineering features
- Working with QA to develop and implement efficient data testing capabilities
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering or related field
- 8+ years of experience with developing and shipping commercial B2B SaaS software applications, platforms and systems with paying customers
- Minimum 6 years in leadership roles of increasing responsibility and scope managing engineers and engineering managers and have directly managed groups larger than 15 people
- Track record of building credibility and trust with talented software engineers, peers, and cross-functional teams based on competence, not title or authority
- Managed groups across different geographic locations
- Expertise in deploying test driven development and automated testing across teams moving towards continuous delivery
- Experience with Agile development methodologies and supporting tools such as Jira, Confluence, Rally, etc.
- Dynamic & driven individual with enthusiasm for working in a high-profile, fast-paced entrepreneurial environment
- Proven track record of working in a fast paced, competing priority environment, capable of partnering with and communicating across multiple functions and teams
- Excellent communications skills and can speak directly to executives and customers in fast-developing situations, and write critical customer communications
Diversity & Inclusion
At project44, we're designing the future of how the world moves and is connected through trade and global supply chains. As we work to deliver a truly world-class product and experience, we are also intentionally building teams that reflect the unique communities we serve. We’re focused on creating a company where all team members can bring their authentic selves to work every day.
We’re building a company that every one of us at project44 is proud to work for, and our journey of becoming a more diverse, equitable and inclusive organization, where all have a sense of belonging, is shaped through the actions of our leadership, global teams and individual team members. We are resolute in our belief that each team member has an equal responsibility to mold and uphold our culture.
project44 is an equal opportunity employer seeking to enrich our work environment by creating opportunities for individuals of all backgrounds and experiences to thrive. If you share our values and our passion for helping the way the world moves, we’d love to review your application!
For any needed accommodations during the hiring process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Even if you don’t meet 100% of the above job description you should still seriously consider applying. Studies show that you can still be considered for a role if you meet just 50% of the role’s requirements.
Here's a quick video highlighting our Platform: https://www.project44.design/movement