Our mission is to usher in a new era of trust and predictability to transportation and logistics, but there’s still a lot of work to be done. The industry is massive, as is the opportunity. We’re looking for bright, ambitious individuals to join our growing global team and help us enable a more productive and successful world. We’re changing the way the world ships, and we’re looking for you to help us get there!
Description of Role:
Join our growing Delivery Engineering team as we transform software development at project44. As a Senior Delivery Engineer, you will be able to make direct impactful changes that improve the entire software development lifecycle. We are adopting best in class tooling and technologies such as Spinnaker. In addition, you will be driven to build/implement tooling with one goal in mind: empower developers to build, deploy, and own their own software. This role will require passion for containerization; with the goal of leveraging container orchestration technologies such as Kubernetes.
- Work with key talent on plan and define technical solutions and directions for the organization.
- Create scalable solutions leveraging automation and open-source tooling wherever possible.
- Help maintain project44’s Cloud Delivery Pipeline including source control, CI, CD, and various cloud providers
- We practice what we preach; we follow the same model as our engineers to deploy/monitor their own changes
- Architect and share knowledge on building first in class cloud native solutions
- Evolve the platform by pushing for changes that improve reliability and velocity
- Effective communication skills: verbal and written.
- Experience working in UNIX/Linux environments
- Deep understanding of cloud providers primarily Google Cloud and AWS
- Experience maintaining and using CI systems such as Jenkins, Gitlab CI
- Comfortable using common source control tools such as git
- Experience in one or more of the following: Python, Golang, .Net 5.x, Java
- Understanding of system design and architecture with understanding of servers, networking, and security
- Passion and deep understanding of immutable infrastructure
- Support using, contributing, and/or creating open-source software. We love Open Source.
- Understanding of container technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes, helm3
- Understanding of metrics and monitoring tools such as Prometheus, Grafana, and Loki
- Knowledge of configuration management such as Ansible, Salt, Puppet
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code tools such as Terraform, Pulumi, etc
This role is one of several for an expanding team that reshapes both what and how we build things at project44.
Diversity & Inclusion
We're designing the future of how the world moves and is connected through trade and global supply chains. We can only deliver a truly world-class product and experience if our teams are as diverse and unique communities we are building for. So it's up to us to create a company where anyone can bring their authentic self to work everyday. We're constantly working to improve, and we accept our responsibility to elevate the voices left in the margins. It's on every one of us.
Our focus on inclusion manifests in the way we hire, the customers we serve, and the regions we prioritize. We're building a company that every one of us at project44 is proud to work for: a company that celebrates you for being you.
We pride ourselves on celebrating everyone — project44 is an equal opportunity employer actively working on creating a diverse and inclusive work environment where underrepresented groups can thrive. If you share our values and our passion for helping the way the world moves, we’d love to review your application!
For any needed accommodations during the hiring process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Even if you don’t meet 100% of the above qualifications, you should still seriously consider applying. Studies show that you can still be considered for a role if you meet just 50% of the role’s requirements.
More about project44
Since 2014, project44 has been transforming the way one of the largest, most important global industries does business. As transportation and logistics continues to evolve and customer expectations around delivery become more demanding, industry technology must rise to the occasion. In just a few short years, we’ve created a digital infrastructure that eliminates the inefficiencies caused by dated technology and manual processes. Our Advanced Visibility Platform is used by the world’s leading brands to track shipments, collaborate with supply chain partners, drive operational efficiencies, and create outstanding customer experiences.