Our mission is to usher in a new era of trust and predictability to transportation and logistics, but there’s still a lot of work to be done. The industry is massive, as is the opportunity. We’re looking for bright, ambitious individuals to join our growing global team and help us enable a more productive and successful world. We’re changing the way the world ships, and we’re looking for you to help us get there!
External Reporting Manager
This role reports into the Assistant Controller and is primarily responsible for ensuring the timely preparation and integrity of consolidated financials internally and externally as well as overseeing/ administering global accounting technical accounting and controls readiness. This position will be a key contributor in p44’s business and close/reporting process as it relates to our Global organization structure and in consolidations and the expansion of our business and capital structure. The role will be especially important as the Company gets ready for an Initial Public Offering (IPO) within the next 12 months. The candidate must have strong experience in external reporting, technical accounting and controls from a career and experience standpoint. On a personal level, critical work skills include organization and communication skills, project management, and have broader experience within accounting, controls and policies for an international company and have the ability to coordinate activities and projects across a multinational context.
- Oversee creation and production of accurate financial statements and footnotes in accordance with US GAAP for a global high growth business.
- Guide monthly, quarterly and annual financial closing and reporting processes, including Quarterly reviews and audit committee meetings as required
- IPO readiness external reporting lead
- Maintain financial reporting and controls and processes to address appropriate technical issues and a strong reporting environment
- Project management over the Company’s IPO readiness activities
- Be the point person and/or support management for the annual reporting, technical accounting and other regulatory requirements.
- Support acquisition activities and technical requirements
Critical Job Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting and CPA certification
- 10+ years public accounting and multinational industry experience mix (minimum 3 years public accounting) with publicly-traded companies
- Enjoy building accounting processes and leading projects in anticipation of an IPO or as part of growth steps
- Work independently in a fast-paced environment, thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Multitask and prioritize own workload to meet deadlines
- Excellent communication and documentation skills
- Systems savvy / technology enthusiast – system knowledge of Netsuite, Salesforce and MS Office
- Collaborative worker / team player
- Intellectually curious
Diversity & Inclusion
We're designing the future of how the world moves and is connected through trade and global supply chains. We can only deliver a truly world-class product and experience if our teams are as diverse and unique communities we are building for. So it's up to us to create a company where anyone can bring their authentic self to work everyday. We're constantly working to improve, and we accept our responsibility to elevate the voices left in the margins. It's on every one of us.
Our focus on inclusion manifests in the way we hire, the customers we serve, and the regions we prioritize. We're building a company that every one of us at project44 is proud to work for: a company that celebrates you for being you.
We pride ourselves on celebrating everyone — project44 is an equal opportunity employer actively working on creating a diverse and inclusive work environment where underrepresented groups can thrive. If you share our values and our passion for helping the way the world moves, we’d love to review your application!
For any needed accommodations during the hiring process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Even if you don’t meet 100% of the above qualifications, you should still seriously consider applying. Studies show that you can still be considered for a role if you meet just 50% of the role’s requirements.
More about project44
Since 2014, project44 has been transforming the way one of the largest, most important global industries does business. As transportation and logistics continues to evolve and customer expectations around delivery become more demanding, industry technology must rise to the occasion. In just a few short years, we’ve created a digital infrastructure that eliminates the inefficiencies caused by dated technology and manual processes. Our Advanced Visibility Platform is used by the world’s leading brands to track shipments, collaborate with supply chain partners, drive operational efficiencies, and create outstanding customer experiences.