Our mission is to usher in a new era of trust and predictability to transportation and logistics, but there’s still a lot of work to be done. The industry is massive, as is the opportunity. We’re looking for bright, ambitious individuals to join our growing global team and help us enable a more productive and successful world. We’re changing the way the world ships, and we’re looking for you to help us get there!
About the role
Project 44 is looking for a motivated Revenue Accountant to join its revenue accounting team. The position will be responsible for closing the books as well as ensuring revenue is recognized in accordance to generally accepted accounting principles.
- Manage monthly and quarterly revenue and AR close process including monitoring, review, and analysis of revenue activity including generating journal entries
- Assist in preparing disclosures for financial reporting under USGAAP
- Prepare data and other support information requests as needed for audits and reviews conducted by external auditors
- Participate in a process improvement initiative for Order to Cash process
- Assist with other projects as necessary
- Work collaboratively with Legal, Sales, Order Admin, Billing, Professional Services, and FP&A to drive best practices in revenue
- Review revenue related contracts and apply revenue recognition guidelines and document the assessment in contract memorandums
- BA/BS in Finance/Accounting or related field
- 1+ year of relevant accounting experience
- Experience in Big 4 public accounting firm is a plus
- Demonstrated experience thinking strategically about issues, leading to recommendations and action plans
- Detail-oriented, and experience multitasking and prioritizing to deliver impact in fast-paced environment
- Strong analytical and problem resolution skills, including the ability to research accounting literature and simplify complex situations
- Self-motivated, strong work ethics and able to work independently with minimal supervision
Since 2014, project44 has been transforming the way one of the largest, most important global industries does business. As transportation and logistics continues to evolve and customer expectations around delivery become more demanding, industry technology must rise to the occasion. In just a few short years, we’ve created a digital infrastructure that eliminates the inefficiencies caused by dated technology and manual processes. Our Advanced Visibility Platform is used by the world’s leading brands to track shipments, collaborate with supply chain partners, drive operational efficiencies, and create outstanding customer experiences.