Our mission is to usher in a new era of trust and predictability to transportation and logistics, but there’s still a lot of work to be done. The industry is massive, as is the opportunity. We’re looking for bright, ambitious individuals to join our growing global team and help us enable a more productive and successful world. We’re changing the way the world ships, and we’re looking for you to help us get there!
Manager, Data Integration Engineering
As a Manager, Data Integrations you will help manage several SW Engineering teams all related to data integrations with telematics providers, carriers and our customers. Today we have integrated with hundreds of thousands of carriers, IoT devices, Transport Management Systems and other data sources. We are continuously working towards building services, infrastructure and tools to further automate and simplify our integrations in order to ensure scalability and to meet the demand of our rapid scaling business.
Key Accountabilities / Will work on:
- Own and drive integrations to thousands of IoT platforms around the world
- Work closely with Product Management and Customer Success to prioritize the integration of thousands of supply chain partners and customers via various connection methods
- Ensure high quality and reliability of the data flow through the integrations using metrics, monitoring and maintenance of the integrations
- Maximize data available to the platform through analysis of data channels available and extension/management of p44 canonical device data model.
- Manage normalization of data such as location, temperature, pressure, devices events and more to optimize customer value and data science analysis.
- Work closely with data science, analytics and core processing teams to partner on maximum visibility and insights in the global supply chain.
- Assist with planning of initiatives and follow up on plans
- Become an expert in global IoT and telemetric technologies and systems
- Execute on technical initiatives that furthers automation, simplification and scalability of our integration and onboarding of new carriers and customers
- Help drive implementation of project44 best practices (coding, documentation, testing, processes)
- Assist in analyzing team performance and identify where we can improve
- Be a force multiplier for the engineering teams you work with enabling them to achieve more
- Coordinate and manage initiatives across teams
Requirements and Preferred Skills:
- Education: A master’s degree in software engineering or similar technical background
- 2-3+ years of experience managing SW engineers and teams
- You are organized, have good attention to detail and you approach your work with an analytical and structured mindset
- You have a strong technical mind so you can help the teams remove roadblocks, improve processes, and ensure high quality.
- Knowledge on the following topics is a plus:
- API's / web services: REST, OpenAPI/Swagger, etc.
- Java, Kafka, Databases (Postgres, Mongo, …),
- CI/CD processes
- Experience with TDD
- You have personal drive and are able of maintaining a high pace - while taking responsibility for things working.
Since 2014, project44 has been transforming the way one of the largest, most important global industries does business. As transportation and logistics continues to evolve and customer expectations around delivery become more demanding, industry technology must rise to the occasion. In just a few short years, we’ve created a digital infrastructure that eliminates the inefficiencies caused by dated technology and manual processes. Our Advanced Visibility Platform is used by the world’s leading brands to track shipments, collaborate with supply chain partners, drive operational efficiencies, and create outstanding customer experiences.