Our mission is to usher in a new era of trust and predictability to transportation and logistics, but there’s still a lot of work to be done. The industry is massive, as is the opportunity. We’re looking for bright, ambitious individuals to join our growing global team and help us enable a more productive and successful world. We’re changing the way the world ships, and we’re looking for you to help us get there!
About the Role
Are you interested in driving business and product strategy? What about using data to answer difficult questions and come up with interesting insights? If so, then this is the job for you. As a Product Analyst in the Product Operations & Analytics organization, you get to use your quantitative skill set, obsession and empathy towards customers and collaborative spirit to work closely with Product, Ops, Engineering, and Data Scientists to provide data driven insights to find new opportunities to take our products to the next level.
What You'll Do
- Refine ambiguous questions and generate new hypotheses about the product through a deep understanding of the data, our customers, and our business
- Define how our teams measure success, by developing Key Performance Indicators and other user/business metrics, in close partnership with Product and other subject areas such as engineering, operations and marketing
- Analyze the success of new product roll outs by setting up & maintaining the appropriate reporting needed
- Collaborate with product managers, ops & engineers to build and improve on the availability, integrity, accuracy, and reliability of data logging and data pipelines
- Develop data-driven business insights and work with cross-functional partners to identify opportunities and recommend prioritization of product, growth, and optimization initiatives
- Design experiments and interpret the results to draw detailed and impactful conclusions
What You'll Need
- Master or Bachelor's degree in Math, Economics, Bioinformatics, Statistics, Engineering, Computer Science, or other quantitative fields (If Master degree, a minimum of 1+ years of industry experience required and if Bachelor's degree, a minimum of 2+ years of industry experience as a Product Analyst or equivalent)
- Advanced SQL expertise
- Basic understanding of experimental design (such as A/B experiments) and statistical methods
- Ability and experience in extracting insights from data, and summarizing learnings/takeaways
- Experience with Excel/Google Sheets and some dashboarding/data visualization (i. e. Tableau, Mixpanel, Looker, or similar)
- Proactive, logical thinker with good critical thinking skills
- Experience with APIs
Nice to have
- Advanced degrees in Math, Economics, Statistics, Engineering, Computer Science, Operation Research, or other quantitative field
- 2+ years industry experience in consumer facing product analytics
- Strong storytelling: distil interesting and hard-to-find insights into a compelling, concise data story
- Advanced experience with experimental design and statistical methods such as causal inference
- Ability to communicate effectively and manage relationships with partners coming from both technical and non-technical backgrounds
About The Team
The Product Operations & Analytics team is a key part of project44's cross-functional product development teams, helping to drive every stage of product development through data analytic, statistical, and operational expertise.
Since 2014, project44 has been transforming the way one of the largest, most important global industries does business. As transportation and logistics continues to evolve and customer expectations around delivery become more demanding, industry technology must rise to the occasion. In just a few short years, we’ve created a digital infrastructure that eliminates the inefficiencies caused by dated technology and manual processes. Our Advanced Visibility Platform is used by the world’s leading brands to track shipments, collaborate with supply chain partners, drive operational efficiencies, and create outstanding customer experiences.